Redoing "bad" longplays

Last updated on 14 years ago
D3rvish
1st post...

I just downloaded the LP of Ninja Gaiden on the NES and I thought it was a pretty poor run. The creator's play is very sloppy and is quite obviously abusing save states/rerecords. The end result was a completion of the game with all cutscenes, etc, but a very boring video to watch.

I have beaten this game probably 50 times on my NES console and pretty much have it mastered. If I were to create a better, more polished LP, would it have any chance of being published? I'm not posting this here to rip on the guy. I'm just wondering if my LP of the same game has a chance of being published.
paisan
Ninja Gaiden for NES is a really hard game. So if you can do a better job than the previous one, then i at least think you should go ahead and record it ^_^
D3rvish
Encoding now, will try to upload tomorrow.
paisan
Thats fast ^_^
Phlebiac
yeah indeed, lol :D
wogsy
Wow, that was quick..
I like this guy allready:-)

I hope you become a valuable member of the community dude.
Good work fella:clap
D3rvish
The video is all set but the file is huge. 207 MB for a 40 minute video seems a little to big. Good quality though. Should I upload it?
wogsy
Yes you should.
Im sure there are ways to make the file smaller but RickyC and Geekmeister know much more about that stuff then me.

But yeah dude, upload away. Or if you wanna shrink the file size a bit then ask one of the mods. They will hook you up.
Ravenlord
Just upload it, that's not big, some videos here are bigger than 10GB!
Sic Parvis Magna
D3rvish
Uploading now. Should be done in +/- 1 hour. Glad I could make a small contribution to the community.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.