D3rvish's Longplays

Last updated on 14 years ago
D3rvish
I really enjoyed making my Ninja Gaiden LP so I've been thinking about doing a few more. I have the free time available and the will to do so, so why not?

My next LP will probably be either Metal Gear Solid on the hardest difficulty (a much deeper, more cinematic experience than normal IMO), or Zelda II, the Adventures of Link. I'm currently playing through both games for fun so why not record a run on each after re-familiarizing myself with these classic adventures?

I know MGS has already been done and RickyC did a great run, but I think there is something to be said for playing through on Extreme. Someone also requested Z2:AoL but I think the person who was going to record it has a few other games to do first, so that will likely be my next LP.
K
You going to go for 100% completion for this LPs?

Most people tend to go for 100% item completion when doing Long Plays, or at least close to it.
Phlebiac
If it's going to be a 3d shooter it would be nice to see all kills, all secrets and stuff.
D3rvish
Yes, I plan on going for 100% items on both games. I doubt I'm going to pick up every single ammo crate in MGS because they respawn, but I will be getting all items in an area the first time I pass through. I will not be going for 100% kills though, in fact quite the opposite. I'm going to try to avoid killing anything that I don't absolutely need to kill.

The Z2:AoL will visit all secret areas, get all items, spells, and all the Link dolls. I'm not going to waste time grinding up EXP though. If I finish the game less than 8/8/8 so be it. I doubt anyone wants to watch someone kill the same group of monsters over and over for an hour.
-D3-
Ravenlord
Zelda is on my list, but I have other games to do, so do it, be my guest ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
K
I have to agree on the Level situation for Zelda 2.

Maxed Level shouldn't be a requirement, and watching someone grind monsters for an hour would be extremely boring.

Just kill enemies as you go, should make it easier at least to make it without maxed level.
D3rvish
Quick question before I start recording Z2:AoL. Is it preferred to just run through the game the fastest way possible or to play the game like you didn't necessarily know where everything was? Example: you need to speak to Bagu, who is hidden in the forest, before you can cross the bridge in the water town. Should I go to the town and get that information first or just head straight to Bagu and then to the town? Same thing with the medicine, etc. I hope this makes sense. As soon as I get an answer to this I'll start recording.
-D3-
Ravenlord
I think maxed levels are ok, you can grind monsters for an hour or so, but of course cut that out from the video and just make notice that you did it, and continue playing with maxed strength
Sic Parvis Magna
I would recomend playing through the game as if you didn't know where everything was. in your example of Bagu, yes, go get the information first, that way people that have never played the game (me for example) can understand why you go the places you do, and talk with people etc.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.