Connor

Last updated on 13 years ago
L
Connor, just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your Uncharted longplay. Checking out Flower now, but hope to see more from you soon!
N
I'd definitely love to see you do the Ratchet & Clanks. Every playthrough on youtube is ruined by; grating commentary, players that ignore all the extras, or players that use 1-2 guns and not a damn thing else unless absolutely necessary. Sometimes even some awful amalgam of all three of the above. What's the point of playing R&C if you're not going to mess around and have fun?!

A run with all objectives, using a variety of weapons, and maybe getting all the Skill Points (if you're feeling generous!) would be great.

Vagrant Story also has my vote! You could do a run of a New Game then add the New Game+ areas and bosses to the end of the video.

Xenosaga 2 and 3 have my anti-vote. ^_^
Connor
Unfortunately I won't be able to do any PS1 games, since it seems both my PS2 and PS3 mangle the output (squashes 480 vertical lines into 448), which won't be accepted by the site.

I have remove those games from my post, hopefully somone else will do Vagrant Story, since it's a superb game that deserves a longplay. When I'm done with Uncharted 2 (hopefully the coming week), I'll probably attempt Braid, but after that I'm tempted to do the R&C games.
Ravenlord
Try recording Vagrant Story with emulator :)
Sic Parvis Magna
Connor
Can't get it to work in an emulator, also RickyC says even if you get it to work, it crashes later in the game.

Besides, I don't like playing on my computer anyway. I want to sit in the couch and watch the TV...

If noone does it, I may look at getting it done later, but since there are so many other games to play, I'll leave it for now.
Connor
Sitrep!

Waiting for a buddy to be done with U2 on Crushing so I can do some co-op with him for my bonus video. The main game is done as well as all the other bonus content.

Currently doing the (hopefully) final encode of Braid. Full playthrough including all secret stars, hope you'll like it.

I've been thinking about how to do the LPs of R&C lately, and I think it will be one main playthrough, just goofing around with as much stuff as possible. Definitly upgrade all weapons to L5 and buy their custom upgrades. Then I'll show parts of Challenge Mode and all Omega weapons (and the RYNO of course, maybe not in Omega-version). Probably won't do all the Skill Challenges, since they don't really flow into the gameplay (and some are a bitch, like getting all enemies to dance in ToD), but perhaps a few here and there.
Connor
Status updated. I've had to remove all PS2 games, since I can't seem to get them properly recorded with my HD PVR. :(

Instead I added, and started, FFXIII, since Placluclu seems to have dropped it. FFs are perfect for Longplays, since they are 90% cutscenes. ;) Also, I want to be the one with the highest average filesize...
Connor
Anyone out there with a PS3, network connection and a copy of Uncharted 2?

Also required; willingness to help me play through the coop objective levels as the host. Optional but preferred; headset for communication (and knowledge of english or swedish), decent competence at the game (should probably at least be able to finish the game on crushing), hot single female (willing to settle for less...)

Seems the buddy I was hoping to get to help me has lost his will to game and keeps saying he has more important things to do. Seriously, what could be more important than helping me?
Connor
Uncharted 2 done recording! We blasted through the coop levels like the gaming gods we are, so now I'm doing a test-encode to see if it looks good, and then it's just final encode left.

Also, I got recording on PS2 and PCSX2 working, so I've re-added some PS2 games.

Next up, Disgaea, emulator-style.
B
I see you are planning to record Final Fantasy XII.

Any chance you might consider recording "director's cut" ("Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System" with fan patch for English text) of this game instead?
Connor
Probably not. I only record games I have, and in my bookshelf is only the original XII. However, it will be a loooong time before I do it, so perhaps someone else will jump in and do it instead,
B
Oh, well, never mind then. :-)

And about New Vegas. Do you intend to do a Very_Hard/Hardcore run or just a Normal one? Do you intend to include all 4 DLCs?

Connor
Probably Normal+Hardcore with all DLC available. Haven't really decided how to approach that Longplay yet, though, what with all the different builds possible. Also, it's a huge undertaking, so it will probably take quite some time.
Connor
Question: Does anyone care about/use the optional subtitles I wrote for some of my previous LPs? I don't mind doing them, but they do take a couple of hours, and if no one cares I can spend that time on something else.
KiethSomataw99
Yeah, you could use them.
Connor
Small update, since U3 is done. I've started on R&C: ACiT, perhaps halfway through and recorded most of the VC DLC (haven't decided if I should include some of the story-less battles (Hard and EX Hard skirmishes and Edy challenges) or just the two Selvaria and Edy stories).

After that, I'm taking a break by playing Dragon Age II and FF13-2 "on my own" before doing another LP. Not sure what it will be though, probably either a PS2 game (Disgaea or FFXII) or go straight for FF13-2.
C
Will you be doing the FFXIII-2 DLC?
Connor
Depends a bit on what they release. Story-DLC I'll probably do, but I'm not going to run around with Serah in a bikini... :)
C
WHAT BUT THAT'S REALLY IMPORT- I mean of course I was talking about the story DLC. :verycool
Connor
Well, one last update. Removed everything, I'm done for the time being. Had some that I would have liked to do, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend 100+ hours on doing something that someone else has already done, whether it's "allowed" or not. I've got better things to do.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.