[Solved] Looking for backup ftp space

Last updated on 13 years ago
JonL
Howdy fellow longplayers and viewers!

Our current ftp server is down.
Which means we are dead in the water. People cannot submit new longplays anymore (except for admins who directly publish their own stuff).

While I have no doubt our friend Raidennn will be able to fix the issue with his ftp server, it clearly shows how heavily we depend on a public ftp space to let people contribute to our community.

That means we should find a backup solution, so that we can switch to plan B when the need arises.

What we are looking for is a download and upload space with at least 50 GB of storage and no daily or monthly bandwidth limit. Two different account types would be useful too (one for the uploaders, one for the admins). A temporary solution would be nice, but a long term, reliable solution is what we aim at.

We have the feeling that public sharing services like Mediafire, Rapidshare or Megaupload are not fit for this usage, because they all have bandwidth limits.

If you happen to be able to offer us this service, please contact us by PM or on our IRC channel (any admin will do, ScHlAuChi, Geekmeister, T-0815, Ironclaw, RickyC, Tsunao or me).

Thanks in advance.
JonL
Ravenlord: You had me worried there for a while, friend! :-)
deskawa
I'm trying the FTP right now and it's working perfectly (thanks Connor!).
Ravenlord
I have part 3 I'll upload it again on the new FTP, so that's not problem ;)
I'll keep the files in future no prob, ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
JonL
I have the 2 first parts.

I told you I couldn't download the 3rd one before the ftp went down.
That means if Raidennn puts it back up I'll be able to download the 3rd file. Provided your upload is not corrupt like the first one was, because otherwise we're screwed.

You should always keep files until they are published. Buy an external hard drive or something. They're not that expensive, right?
Play long and prosper!
Ravenlord
What about videos that were uploaded on the old FTP, my first three parts of the Rise of the Argonauts for example, I don't have them anymore on my PC, should I continue to play that game or to start something else? Because I don't feel like playing it from the beginning again :)
Sic Parvis Magna
JonL
Wow! That was fast!

I think we can all give a (gentle) pat on the back to our friend Connor here, who granted us access to his FTP server. Thanks a lot!

Backup server: ftp://cassiopeia.solit.se
User: upload
Password: upload

Our upload page has also been updated with the new information.

Now I know there's quite some backlog that's been piling up, but before you all start uploading your longplays at full speed, bringing the server to its knees, keep in mind that we will only start reviewing your submissions on monday, so take your time, you've got all week-end.
If the upload speed drops, just pause and restart later. Let's be nice and try not to make Connor regret his bold move.

Thanks in advance.
Play long and prosper!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.