PillsOfDeath
Welcome to the community :)
ScHlAuChi
I recommend using an IRC client like Chatzilla:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/chatzilla/

Server: irc.projectmage.com
Channel: #longplays
Mgyk
Just thought I'd update -- I bought the DLC for AC: Brotherhood (The Da Vinci Disappearance). Still working on funding for the recording device that's suggested/requested in the Faq I think it is, but with the way I have my 360 set up (through a round-a-bout way to use my old monitor), I'm not sure it would work?

And before anyone brings it up, every time I check the chat thing, no one's on. I think I always pick the slow periods or something.
DESIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE

Gamertag: Mgyk

Art gallery: mgyk.deviantart.com
reidja7
Well either way I love both series and the more you feel up to doing, the better the finished product will be. I'm very excited! :-D
Mgyk
Hehe. I'm not promising both sides for TLC, cause it's ... pretty long. I'm also not promising because it's about 50/50 if my 360 plays it. But! I will try my best ~ ;3

(On F2, I might get three games going to show all three endings [have one that picks the more ... neutral ending (needs of few)] )

reidja7

I doubt I'll do much more than the AC-series as that's the only one I can do with my eyes shut basically. Although ... I have been tempted to do Fable: TLC, and maybe F2/3 with a good/evil pair for each. Doesn't seem many want to do moral choice games. On those, though, I doubt I'd get all the demon doors ... some of them are really picky/finicky. Well, I did get them all in F2 ... it would take a while regardless.

Yes, yes, yes please. All of the above. In HD if possible. :-D
Mgyk
I'm not exactly totally out of schooling myself, but I don't intend to let that stop me. Right now, all that's holding me back is getting the recorder-box-thing.

I doubt I'll do much more than the AC-series as that's the only one I can do with my eyes shut basically. Although ... I have been tempted to do Fable: TLC, and maybe F2/3 with a good/evil pair for each. Doesn't seem many want to do moral choice games. On those, though, I doubt I'd get all the demon doors ... some of them are really picky/finicky. Well, I did get them all in F2 ... it would take a while regardless.

KiethSomataw99
Yes I do play video games, but I don't have the devices to record off of consoles. I am obsessed with games.
Ravenlord
Do you even play video games Keith? Or you're just requesting someone else to play them and record videos. The point is if somebody doesn't want to record certain game that you requested why don't you play it yourself
Sic Parvis Magna
KiethSomataw99
It's just a bad habit. Sooner or later, I might provoke a moderator or webmaster into banning me. And I don't have time or knowledge to encode or upload longplays. I have to do homework, although I don't go to school because it's too much for me, I do have tutoring. I also am taking classes from HVCC. I even need to spend time with Jill Monday to Thursday.
Phlebiac
Nice :) And to be honest, don't listen to much to Keith... He request a lot of things and don't record himself... See him as a spammer that doesn't have any patience...
Mgyk
Got it -- I'll mostly focus on the achievement-collectables then. If I get 100%, I get 100%

Ravenlord
It's not necessary to be 100%, if you can do it GREAT!, but if don't want it's not problem, the main thing is to see whole game and everything completed ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
reidja7
I don't think any of those things are requirements, sure, if you feel they are within your reach, go for it! 100% just wows me more! But again its a decision you'll have to make for yourself, maybe on a game by game basis. No reason to get stressed out about it. :D
Mgyk
So a bit of an update: I now have a monitor that plays the Xbox 360 just fine. I need to save up for the recording box that's linked in the one Faq thread, but otherwise, it's all good.

I've looked through the Faqs, both just the list and the threads, and I probably over looked, but I want to make sure.

In Assassin's Creed, there are flags and Templars. I assume for a longplay, I hunt them all. In Assassin's Creed II, there are feathers that count for the achievements, and I don't recall if treasure boxes are listed in stats (I also think there were glyphs {truth} which are an obvious hunt). For Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, I know there are feathers I think, and more puzzle glyphs (haven't played through the story in a while), and for Assassin's Creed Revelations, I know there are data fragments that lead to Desmond's Journey, but the treasure chests also now count as a statistic.

My question: Do I aim to get -everything-.

The feathers/flags/truth-bits are obvious go-fors, but do I need to get every single shiny item? I've had Brotherhood for a year or so now, and there are still a few memories I've not managed to 100% -- is that also a demand? Do it until it's perfect? The first two I'm not worried about as they don't have a sync rating -- that's not until Brotherhood they introduced the replay feature (I restarted the game for just one achievement in AC2 because of that lack).

Another question is achievements. Most longplays I've seen (or remember) have achievements that pop up at the correct times for ... well, achievements. Do I also have to aim for -all- achievements, or just go with whatever I get as I go? Even if it requires "farming" at some point? (I had to use the practice ring a few times in AC1 for an achievement ... doing the same move over and over ... ) I have all the add-ons for AC2, but not for ACB or likely any coming ones for ACR -- my gamertag that has the addons (the two missing memories) for AC2 has all achievements.

AC1 I'm not worried about as I finally 100%'d it a week or so ago, so I can start it over on one of my dummy gamertags (made for friends so they could play), but what about AC2? I am willing, since there aren't achievements for the missing memories, to play the game twice. What I mean is that one is a speed run to get to the Missing Memories, and one is the real longplay. I record the one for the longplay, and splice the recorded bits from the Memory one. Would that work?

Just decided to get some specifics if I can before I hunker down to work on this eventually since it's a big undertaking -- considering the hours I've poured into AC1 hunting for that one last flag and Templar.

This is a series I enjoy -- I want to do it right.

johtto
As i said, just join the IRC and we can chat
Metal Gear! uhhggg
Mgyk
Well, I think before I do any big thing like recording, I need to get everything to do the recording with. ;3

That said though, I imagine I will spend a great while talking to those who know better than me about the trials of recording and quality checking ~

johtto
Again, Welcome :D i feel as if you were to do a few short games for NES or on any other emulator it would prepare you for what you will have to go through. (ScHlAuChI is FANTASTIC with support) not going to whine about the endless problems i seemed to have with an hour longplay. let alone my longer ones. So drop by the IRC via the website, or through a client, either or. So we can guide you through the steps with recording editing then encoding to make sure you get it right. :D
Metal Gear! uhhggg
Mgyk
Haa... which one? I've yet to finish GTA IV and while I used to have GTA San Andreas and Vice City, I've not seen them in years ...

KiethSomataw99
Hey, nice to see a female go do WOL. Maybe you could do longplays of games such as Grand Theft Auto.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.