New Gamer Girl on the Block

Last updated on 12 years ago
Mgyk
Well hullo there ~ I've stalked this site for awhile now, watching quite a few longplays, such as the Back to the Future ones (I've rewatched those so many times, it's not even funny), as well as Uncharted I and II, Batman Arkham Asylum, currently watching Darksiders, watched Alan Wake, halfway through LA Noire, hm ... Mafia, started Stranger's Wrath (forgot how boring it is if you're just watching), Portal ....

Needless to say, I've watched a great many considering I didn't find this site that long ago.

However, something has always bothered me:

There's no Assassin's Creed!

So, I guess to prove my worth, if I can get everything together, I plan to try (hint try) and go through all the console games. That is, Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and now Assassin's Creed Revelations.

I've finished the first three times, the second twice, Brotherhood twice, and sadly I've yet to open Revelations. But, in the meantime, I've 100%'d both the first, second, and third (not counting multiplayer because I personally don't think multiplayer that's optional deserves achievements that count for the total). On ACII, I have all the DLC memories, but sadly I don't have the Da Vinci Rescue (I think that's what it was called) for Brotherhood, and likely won't get the one for Revelations (gots no points)

I do have one of the DS games, but that one's a pain in the ass (forgive my language), and from the sounds of it, no one else especially wants to attempt it either. (If you're curious, it's Lineage, I believe). The only good side to that port, personally, is the fact that my cat's head (named after Leonardo da Vinci [we rescued him from day one and when my mother dropped him on my lap while she ran to get kitten formula, the infamous hug scene between Leonardo and Ezio was playing]) appears on all the wanted posters. It's like Puss in Boots went Assassin ~

Heh, this is starting to sound more like a resume. "Please, hire me, good sir!"

Anyways, decided it was time I join up, and possibly contribute. So, call me Mgyk (ma-gic), Chirault (sheer-alt), or Sarah (sar-ah), it makes no difference to me, but just don't call me a little girl who plays barbie games.

I will stab you.
V
Well longplay welcomes anyone Man or Woman. It's nice to have lady gamers here on longplay and by far you are the first. As for the barbie games goes, let me handle those when i get them.

Welcome Mgyk to The World Of Longplays! *bows with respect*
If you want to prove yourself...First you must complete the task you're given. - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
JonL
A late welcome to the community!
You probably already know this, but we only publish very high quality videos on this site (I mean the quality of the captured images, not the way you play the game).
That means you should make sure to read the various sticky FAQs in the Support section of our forums for details on how to successfully submit your first longplays.
When in doubt, please feel free to join us on our IRC channel (there's also a FAQ for that). Site admins and video nerds will be glad to answer your questions. ;-)
Play long and prosper!
johtto
Well welcome to the site! i had Assassin's creed on my list. but if you need any advice just join the IRC and we will gladly chat! :D
Metal Gear! uhhggg
Ravenlord
Welcome to the community and don't worry you're not only lady here, Valis77 was wrong, anyway, good luck with Assassin's Creed
Sic Parvis Magna
Omaru
I hear some of those barbie games on the nes are diffifcult, or unplayable... I forget which. Anyway welcome to the site, i'm a mere spectator but I like watching others pla, I'm not too great at gaming myself (i've beaten AC 1,2 and AC:B but not with 100% syncs just the basics like Cristina memories in Brotherhood, but not things like th brutus armour in AC2)

Anyway I welcome new blood, male or female to the site and look forward to contributions made.
V
hm?
Connor
Hi and welcome. Quick suggestion; record a couple of minutes of you doing some basic gameplay from the beginning of one of the games and ask the resident QA-guys to check it for you. That way you won't spend 20hrs recording a game only to find out it won't get accepted for whatever reason.
NitroGenesis
Welcome! I was thinking of doing the DS Assassin's Creed games sometime, but they aren't that fun :O
Mgyk
Heh, thanks for the warm welcome, guys ~

To JonL, I have stared at the FAQ page aswell as the recording/editing post in the forums quite a few times. My only issue is managing to find what is needed. Currently, I'm in the process of getting my old extra computer monitor set up to act as a miniature TV for my 360, but I'm not sure if the weird wiring for that would mess up whatever I get for recording. Thinking of asking my resident-techguy (AKA my brother) what he would think and go from there. At the least, I could likely snag the family TV for such things, but the colours are going out, and I'm not sure that would mess with the recording or not as the picture sent to it is fine, just the lamp in it is going a bit funny in its old age.

To Connor,
Much thanks for the suggestion! Knowing my luck I'd do the whole game and end up the recording got corrupted or something. Testing is something I need to learn to do as I record myself working on drawings and lately it's about a 50/50 chance that the file gets corrupted and I have to go a really weird way to get the file back. Drives me nuts when there's four hours -- poof!

Anyways, I'll try to see what I can do about getting it all together~ I had looked for some AC longplays (I have a little self-made tradition of each new AC game, I play all those prior to catch up on the story again), since this year I didn't really even get a chance to turn on my 360 and pop AC1/2/B in at all, and all I found were Let's Play ... and those people have some really bad voices, mics, or both.

So, hoping to fill the gap decently.
KiethSomataw99
Hey, nice to see a female go do WOL. Maybe you could do longplays of games such as Grand Theft Auto.
Mgyk
Haa... which one? I've yet to finish GTA IV and while I used to have GTA San Andreas and Vice City, I've not seen them in years ...
DESIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE

Gamertag: Mgyk

Art gallery: mgyk.deviantart.com
johtto
Again, Welcome :D i feel as if you were to do a few short games for NES or on any other emulator it would prepare you for what you will have to go through. (ScHlAuChI is FANTASTIC with support) not going to whine about the endless problems i seemed to have with an hour longplay. let alone my longer ones. So drop by the IRC via the website, or through a client, either or. So we can guide you through the steps with recording editing then encoding to make sure you get it right. :D
Metal Gear! uhhggg
Mgyk
Well, I think before I do any big thing like recording, I need to get everything to do the recording with. ;3

That said though, I imagine I will spend a great while talking to those who know better than me about the trials of recording and quality checking ~

johtto
As i said, just join the IRC and we can chat
Metal Gear! uhhggg
Mgyk
So a bit of an update: I now have a monitor that plays the Xbox 360 just fine. I need to save up for the recording box that's linked in the one Faq thread, but otherwise, it's all good.

I've looked through the Faqs, both just the list and the threads, and I probably over looked, but I want to make sure.

In Assassin's Creed, there are flags and Templars. I assume for a longplay, I hunt them all. In Assassin's Creed II, there are feathers that count for the achievements, and I don't recall if treasure boxes are listed in stats (I also think there were glyphs {truth} which are an obvious hunt). For Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, I know there are feathers I think, and more puzzle glyphs (haven't played through the story in a while), and for Assassin's Creed Revelations, I know there are data fragments that lead to Desmond's Journey, but the treasure chests also now count as a statistic.

My question: Do I aim to get -everything-.

The feathers/flags/truth-bits are obvious go-fors, but do I need to get every single shiny item? I've had Brotherhood for a year or so now, and there are still a few memories I've not managed to 100% -- is that also a demand? Do it until it's perfect? The first two I'm not worried about as they don't have a sync rating -- that's not until Brotherhood they introduced the replay feature (I restarted the game for just one achievement in AC2 because of that lack).

Another question is achievements. Most longplays I've seen (or remember) have achievements that pop up at the correct times for ... well, achievements. Do I also have to aim for -all- achievements, or just go with whatever I get as I go? Even if it requires "farming" at some point? (I had to use the practice ring a few times in AC1 for an achievement ... doing the same move over and over ... ) I have all the add-ons for AC2, but not for ACB or likely any coming ones for ACR -- my gamertag that has the addons (the two missing memories) for AC2 has all achievements.

AC1 I'm not worried about as I finally 100%'d it a week or so ago, so I can start it over on one of my dummy gamertags (made for friends so they could play), but what about AC2? I am willing, since there aren't achievements for the missing memories, to play the game twice. What I mean is that one is a speed run to get to the Missing Memories, and one is the real longplay. I record the one for the longplay, and splice the recorded bits from the Memory one. Would that work?

Just decided to get some specifics if I can before I hunker down to work on this eventually since it's a big undertaking -- considering the hours I've poured into AC1 hunting for that one last flag and Templar.

This is a series I enjoy -- I want to do it right.

reidja7
I don't think any of those things are requirements, sure, if you feel they are within your reach, go for it! 100% just wows me more! But again its a decision you'll have to make for yourself, maybe on a game by game basis. No reason to get stressed out about it. :D
Ravenlord
It's not necessary to be 100%, if you can do it GREAT!, but if don't want it's not problem, the main thing is to see whole game and everything completed ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Mgyk
Got it -- I'll mostly focus on the achievement-collectables then. If I get 100%, I get 100%

Phlebiac
Nice :) And to be honest, don't listen to much to Keith... He request a lot of things and don't record himself... See him as a spammer that doesn't have any patience...
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.