Decap Attack & Steel Empire?

Last updated on 12 years ago
Redskull2099
Hi, I'm new to the sight so feel free to move this to a more appropriate section if you wish.

Would anyone be interested in seeing me do a runthrough of the Mega Drive/Genesis games Decap Attack and Steel Empire/Empire of Steel? I saw the former on a big request list but want to make sure if people are still interested in it, or if anyone else isn't in the process of playing it already.

For those who don't know Decap Attack is a typical platformer of the era with a cartoonish and comedic horror theme. You play as a headless undead mummy like character who has a face in his stomach that can quickly extend out kill enemies with. There are gargoyles scattered throughout levels that contain potions which give you temporary special powers or a skull head which you keep and can throw as a projectile. probably my most favourite game of all time(sad I know) and I am pretty much an expert at it. Can collect every item and coin, play without being hurt or dying. Though admittedly it really isn't that difficult of a game.

Steel empire is a flying horizontal shooter with a rather unique retro-futuristic steam-punk motif. You play as either a quick moving bi-plane or a slower but more powerful zeppelin and you have a choice of swapping craft between each level. You can also fire in both directions, which helps things a lot. It's a fairly obscure game and there doesn't seem to be many videos of it online. I don't think there's any videos of it being played through completely at all on youtube. I'm not as flawless playing it as I am with Decap Attack (shooting games are not my strong point) but I've still completed it many times without too much hardship.
Ravenlord
it's not problem if you want to record a LP of those two games, go to help section and you have tutorials there for doing so, no need for asking if anyone is interested, because when we publish your LP on YT I'm sure many people will be interested to see it, as it is case with any LP ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Redskull2099
Thanks. I actually own copies of both games for my Mega Drive console and have TV recording software but will have to play and record both on an Emulator on laptop due to the inferior PAL console model running at only 50hz, which makes all the games run at a more sluggish framerate and some games like Decap Attack the music plays slower as well. A few other games I know of where this happens include Kid Chameleon, Vectorman, Jurassic Park and the original Sonic the Hedgehog. Personally I prefer the slower toned music but it would be useless to record something that isn't accurate to the original source, Unless anyone actually wanted to see a slower version of the game out of curiosity.

I am pretty busy with work and other personal committments most of the time so no comfirmation of when these will be completed and encoded and all that other stuff. Hopefully within the next 2-4 weeks. I assume there's no deadline.
R
according to me decap attack is my Favorite gaming series. i wish i can get this series in English, but no problem with Japanese as well.
chuck d is my gammiy
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.