Recommended Emulators for Recording Longplays

Last updated on 10 years ago
Brian04510
Perhaps you don't see what I mean. I want the emulator to automatically pause itself when movie playback is done, so I don't have to worry about watching over it while it writes AVI files and manually stop it when it's finished. This way, I can dump the AVI files while I sleep or work and not have to worry about it writing extra data and take up my SD card. PSXJIN has that feature, and BizHawk has it.
As if it wasn't bad enough already...
Deadpool7850
I'm planning to record House of the Dead 4 using MAMEUI.
Could someone let me know the format for it?
boricuaretrogamer
So that means the FCEUX is not allowed to record games???
Puerto Rico...GAME ON, Level Up & Happy Gaming!!!Smile
boricuaretrogamer
I talked with MadMatty and he says that FCEUX is ok but Bizhawk is preferred :D
boricuaretrogamer
hi guys again. I'm just curious. What emulator is recommended to record SG-1000 games?
Any answers will be welcome.
G

boricuaretrogamer wrote:

i use Bandicam to make longplays. Fraps, unfortunately, it's too slow for old PCs like mine. That's why I decide to use Bandicam, I don't know it is recommended but it's better than Fraps.

I do not recommend Bandicam or any recording software that has no support for lossless codec and it can slow down your PC as well. I would only use game recording softwares that records to AVI with a lossless codec or wait for the software to add lossless RGB recording. In addition to Fraps and Dxtory, you can even use the best free game capture recording with lossless RGB format and that is MSI Afterburner or OBS (now supports lossless RGB AVI recording through FFmpeg).

Note: Nevermind about D3Dgear, the quality sucks. Although it uses Huffyuv as the lossless codec support but it only records in YUY2 colorspace and that is lossy and no way to adjust the colorspace through the software. D3Dgear should be avoided.
Mariofan98
@MadMatty i must install Camtasia to use the TechSmith Codec for DS avi Recording
G

Mariofan98 wrote:

@MadMatty i must install Camtasia to use the TechSmith Codec for DS avi Recording

Then use Camstudio lossless instead. Unlike Camtasia, Camstudio is a freeware. http://camstudio.org/
Mariofan98
The Camstudio Codec record in same quality like Lagarith, i choose Lagarith.
G

Mariofan98 wrote:

The Camstudio Codec record in same quality like Lagarith, i choose Lagarith.

Yeah you can use Lagarith in other emus. But for DS recording, Lagarith does not seem to be supported. So you're only other choice of lossless codecs are Techsmith, Camstudio lossless, Huffyuv, and FFV1. Camstudio Lossless is very much like Techsmith so I recommended Camstudio Lossless if you cannot use Techsmith.
Mariofan98
Lagarith works fine for me at DeSmuME.
N
What do you think about PSP emulator, PPSSPP?
Mariofan98
S
The PS2 emulator (PCSX2) is not yet a proper alternative for recording from the actual console: I tried different games, with different settings on different PCs (mid range, high end) and realized it still needs work. Most games work and are 100% playable...but I noticed some texture errors that were unfixable. And then there are games like timesplitters FP where you can not finish the story because of the graphical issues. Once I capture more footage i'll come with proof.
Mariofan98
One last thing about DeSmume, please use for longplays v0.9.9 because the versions 0.9.10 & 0.9.11 had problems with syncs.

More infos here: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic....hp?t=17165
KAGE-008
For MSX stuff, the final resolution after double size and cropping must be 512x384 for MSX1 and 512x424 for MSX2. Regarding the supported emulator for that, I highly recommend openMSX for the time being. It has a rewind feature in case you make a mistake, just make sure to enable it via console command (F10) and typing 'reverse start' before the game starts. After recording, open the console again and type 'reverse savereplay <name>.omr' to save your recorded inputs.

Also for Intellivision: as I mentioned in a previous thread about that system, the final resolution must be either 636x384 or 604x384 if additional cropping was needed. This process is done via VirtualDub with the resize filter. BizHawk is the supported emulator for INTV games in case anyone asks.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.