Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition request

Last updated on 10 years ago
O
Hi everyone I'm Jack Red I do joy a lot of these longplay videos. I am still waiting for someone to do Duke 3D Megaton Edition. Why because you get Duke 3D which most Duke fans favorite game in the series. You also get all three official expansion packs. It would be amazing someone great at these kind of fps can do this run. It could be one of their longest in that category. Just to clarify I'm not saying this is the longest fps game compilation in history. I am saying this could be around the length of Doom Classics Complete, Doom 3 BFG Edition or Serious Sam Collection yes it's real. I want to see an impressive run of these games in the near future. I hope who ever plays it does all of them on Come Get Some. Anyway since we're talking about the king here. We still need more Duke longplays like Duke 3D on Xbox 360. Maybe someone good can do Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project. I won't mind seeing someone play the first two games. We just need more great Duke longplays. Whose with me?
F
I'm on it.

Already started the first run :)
Current longplay : Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition (Thread).

My projects
F
Just tu let you know guys that I'm doing a recorded test run (the first 2 levels of Episode I). I'll upload it on my YouTube channel.
I'll keep you up to date on my thread.

My projects
KiethSomataw99

[url=longplays.orgforum/viewthread.php?thread_id=3520&pid=10485#post_10485]ffxfan wrote:[/url]

Just tu let you know guys that I'm doing a recorded test run (the first 2 levels of Episode I). I'll upload it on my YouTube channel.

I wonder if you're willing to do it with the high-resolution pack. This pack changes the quality of graphics and replaces most sprites with 3-d Models but gameplay remains the same. You don't need DukePlus, having just the high-resolution pack will do.

Or are you doing it in standard quality?
MadMatty
Modding a game is against site rules!
O
Thanks man I actually enjoy playing this version of Duke 3D. It's true X360 port does something better. But being able to play all three expansions. Now that's awesome especially if you're a fan. I can't wait to see your runs on these games.
F

[url=longplays.orgforum/viewthread.php?thread_id=3520&pid=10486#post_10486]KiethSomataw99 wrote:[/url]

[url=longplays.orgforum/viewthread.php?thread_id=3520&pid=10485#post_10485]ffxfan wrote:[/url]

I wonder if you're willing to do it with the high-resolution pack. This pack changes the quality of graphics and replaces most sprites with 3-d Models but gameplay remains the same. You don't need DukePlus, having just the high-resolution pack will do.

Or are you doing it in standard quality?

No, I won't play with any high res pack or other mods. I'm playing (and actually enjoying) with all default. Just disabled auto aim for more challenge for me :)

Also note that the longplay will not be a speedrun or superplay. My goal is to show you the most of the game content. Trust me : in this game, if I move too quickly, you won't be able to follow what I'm doing.

First 2 levels are recorded. but not processed. I have an issue with AviSynth. Should be fixed soon.

My projects
O
What order do you plan on doing the expansions?
F

[url=longplays.orgforum/viewthread.php?thread_id=3520&pid=10499#post_10499]OmegaJackRed666 wrote:[/url]

I'll do the 4 Episodes from the base game first with the classic game engine (Classic graphics, 320*200 px). But sounds and music are bad... I dunno what I want to do now : First Episode is ready to record but I have to choose Classic game or Megaton one (There is not a change between these game except better graphics on Megaton)

My projects
M

[url=longplays.orgforum/viewthread.php?thread_id=3520&pid=10505#post_10505]ffxfan wrote:[/url]

[url=longplays.orgforum/viewthread.php?thread_id=3520&pid=10499#post_10499]OmegaJackRed666 wrote:[/url]

I'll do the 4 Episodes from the base game first with the classic game engine (Classic graphics, 320*200 px). But sounds and music are bad... I dunno what I want to do now : First Episode is ready to record but I have to choose Classic game or Megaton one (There is not a change between these game except better graphics on Megaton)

320*200? what shitty resolution is that? why would you not choose better graphics/resolution?
F

[url=longplays.orgforum/viewthread.php?thread_id=3520&pid=10508#post_10508]mihaibest wrote:[/url]

320*200? what shitty resolution is that? why would you not choose better graphics/resolution?

I could make too 800*600 but hey this is the original game resolution. And DosBox don't like when I record I have lag spikes all over the video. I think I'll stick with Megaton Edition.

My projects
M
Yes please record the new megaton edition. Why would you use dosbox if you can just run the game natively in windows? Also the new one has more expansions (from what i read). So why not record the new version with better resolution etc for a better quality video? Thats just my opinion in general..
F
Mihaibest => That's what I want to do :) I think the first episode would be done this week-end.

My projects
M

[url=longplays.orgforum/viewthread.php?thread_id=3520&pid=10553#post_10553]ffxfan wrote:[/url]

Mihaibest => That's what I want to do :) I think the first episode would be done this week-end.

Ok good to know :) hope everything goes well
xRavenXP
Duke Nukem 3D is a great classic game and one the best FPS ever. Good luck in the video!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.