Super Mario 3D World

Last updated on 10 years ago
S
I brought this up in a chat a few days ago, figured I'd post about it here. The Super Mario 3D World longplay on the site is broken. The first and third file are a few minutes long, which means the overall runtime is half the one on the site. I download the mkvs, and they stop after a few minutes.

What's going on?
Frederikct112
That's weird. It's working just fine for me and I'm the author of the Longplay heh. Have you tried streaming it first via the archive. Org player to make sure that the video is not broken but your download timed out or got cancelled? If it's not working then I will have to upload the original files to a different site for you to download.
Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me. ~The Overmind, StarCraft
Tsunao
I informed ScHlAuchi about it, and he downloaded the first part. The MKV file was full length. We(?) came to a conclusion that Archive.org accidentally'd the derivatives
S
I just downloaded the thing, and although it tells me that it's full length, the moment I try to skip past the first minute or so, it ends.
Frederikct112
What player are you using?
Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me. ~The Overmind, StarCraft
S
VLC.
Frederikct112
Try using MPC player. It works great and can play almost anything you throw at it.
Link: http://mpc-hc.org/
S
I downloaded the mkv again and used MPC, but it still doesn't work. Stops after a minute or so.
Frederikct112
That is very weird indeed, but since its not happening for me when i downloaded it, i am pretty sure that your download is either getting cancelled while downloading or its getting timed out.
S
Is there another place I can download the mkv from? I tried downloading it again, watched it until it got to 100%, still got the same problems.
Frederikct112
I'm currently uploading the files to a different file hoster and i'll send the links as soon as its done.
Frederikct112
Update: I have now uploaded the files to a file hoster named MEGA.co.nz. The links are virusfree(if you are wondering ;))
It should hopefully go a little bit better now i hope.

Part 1: https://mega.co.nz/#!VBxjQRyI!Nz3S2a6...-pAJdHLREM
Part 2: https://mega.co.nz/#!RFI20ayL!R-jnksD...zdQCV3RuHE
Part 3: https://mega.co.nz/#!AU5HSI4Q!m8dLu7q...XkGvvVxjgI
Part 4 Final: https://mega.co.nz/#!JBxj3SCS!YIvSEvc...IcyUxLs0RY

I hope this works.
Spazbo4
i downloaded part 1 to see what the commotion was
at 00:01:00 the video skips 50 seconds
then at 00:01:55 the video freezes
if you can get it to play past that it skips straight to 00:02:27
then it skips 10 more seconds
at another point it skips to 00:03:10
I assume that this goes throughout the whole video because i went to a random part near the middle of the video and it skipped some more and freezes some more
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
Spazbo4
just to see if this might be happening in your other longplays i downloaded new super mario bros u and checked out the second part and at moments the video is also messed up in that as well
not as much as 3d world but the video still messes up
S
It works! Thanks!
S
Welp, no, wait. Mega keeps telling me I don't have any disk space left...

... when I have 1,8TB free in my hard drive.
Frederikct112
Well, i don't know what else to do then. If you can wait until the 2014-09-09 because thats when the video will be released on Youtube on the Cubex55 channel.
Frederikct112

Spazbo4 wrote:

just to see if this might be happening in your other longplays i downloaded new super mario bros u and checked out the second part and at moments the video is also messed up in that as well
not as much as 3d world but the video still messes up

Hmm... That seemingly never happened when i played it on Youtube. Can you tell me where it screws up?
Frederikct112
And Strato, im uploading them to Mediafire now... it says it will take 24 hours to complete...oh well.
Spazbo4
i had madmatt check the youtube video and he says it is broken on there too
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.