YouTube and copyright issues with gameplay videos

Last updated on 10 years ago
A
Hello
I've had some issues on my YouTube channel because some games I record have copyrighted music in.
YouTube have this auto-detect system that immediately recognize the music tracks.

I see that World of Longplays have thousand of videos with in-game music without problems...how exactly you do it? I am scared to upload more gameplay videos because I may get some copyright strike, and its not like I put the videos just for the music.

And yeah I've been disabling the music on some gameplays but really, I was looking for a solution to upload videos without having to worry of the copyrighted music in it(which is in most of the cases absolutely not commercial music).
V
Don't worry about it. If you're really worried, remove the video and upload it on another site like viddler or Zippcast.
A
I don't really care about monetization as my channel its something I do just for fun, I am just worried that one day some company decides to be mean and shut my channel down along with the almost 500 videos in it.

I find really funny how a company could flag a gameplay video and even make entire YT channels to shut down, I mean... gameplay videos are promoting the game its not like they're scaring off customers (unless they don't like the game off course but that's not my fault O.o).
Spazbo4
i get those all the time on my youtube channel, it isnt really strikes on my account but i just can't monetize that video that has the copyrighted music
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.