MP4 to AVI Converter Question

Last updated on 4 years ago
DiggerandIndy
Does anybody know of a good MP4 to AVI converter that's Virtualdub friendly? I'm trying to condense some of my videos to something smaller. Any advice helps. Thanks!
E
Hi, I've been looking for a similar converter on the Internet for a long time, but I still couldn't find what I needed. Usually, when changing the format, I saw that the video stopped compressing, and its quality dropped greatly. I recently learned about Movavi. I have never heard of this video converter, but my friend advised me to use it when changing the MP4 to AVI format. I was initially skeptical because I expected the video quality to drop, as is inherent in alternative converters. Still, I was very surprised when the video quality almost did not change when changing the format. It shocked me at that moment.
E
Hi, I've been looking for a similar converter on the Internet for a long time, but I still couldn't find what I needed. Usually, when changing the format, I saw that the video stopped compressing, and its quality dropped greatly.
T
It depends a lot on the device you're using. Some of them cant process such a conversion, The device probably doesn't understand that you want to keep its memory safe)), and they overheat and sometimes even have issues. However, if you have a good one, I can suggest https://convertr.org/avi-converter. Remember to be sure that your device is all right, as sometimes if it has any issues, the conversion might worsen the situation. I wish you good luck and if my option doesn't suit you, search for ideas online.
Spazbo4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaVxC...e=youtu.be
I use vegas pro 14, i tried to upgrade to 15 but i would get audio desynch where pro 14 is just fine, and i tried to upgrade to 16 and then 17 to try and use the GPU acceleration but it doesn't work when I use lagarith as the codec.
in that video i use vegas pro 13 but 14 has 1 thing that makes it better where I don't have to manually turn off the resample for every video clip i put in it
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
DiggerandIndy

Spazbo4 wrote:

directshowsource doesn't always work. I use vegas pro to edit my mp4 files and use that to turn it into avi with lagarith as my codec for it. it makes the files huge tho but megui takes care of that part

What about Audio Syncing and running on 60 FPS? I'm a stickler for audio; if I hear it going out of sync even so subtle, I won't accept it because it's so annoying!

Also, what version of Vegas Pro do you use?
Spazbo4
directshowsource doesn't always work. I use vegas pro to edit my mp4 files and use that to turn it into avi with lagarith as my codec for it. it makes the files huge tho but megui takes care of that part
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
Mariofan98
Why not using directshowsource and avspmod? I use directshowsource to decode the mp4 in the avs file in megui and avspmod or megui avs cutter to cut the movie
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.