Greetings! Old school gamer here

Last updated on 4 years ago
G
Howdy folks, I'm a gamer from way back who's finally decided to try to pay something back to one of the communities I've taken so much enjoyment from. I think that Longplays are a good way of recapturing the essence of the good old days, along with the experience of enjoying a game to completion without having to play the damn thing yourself.

Now that the world seems to have been stuck on Pause, I'd like to try my hand at this thing myself. There's a bunch of old school games that seem to be missing from your archive - a couple of Commodore 64 games spring to mind - and I'd like to try and add them to the list.

Having said that though... I've literally never done anything like this before, so I'll expect to have to ask a LOT of questions before my submissions are gonna be up to par. All suggestions gratefully accepted. (In particular, this site doesn't seem to have any up-to-date advice on how to do C64 videos; I know that VICE Emulator seems to be a good choice but that's about it so far.)

I'm not promising anything. If it doesn't work out, I'll add my ideas to the suggestion pile and leave it at that. But I'd like to have a go at it first before I give up completely!

Thanks, hope to contribute something more substantial soon!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.