Confused me

Last updated on 3 years ago
Tori_Tantei
I'm trying to submit my first longplay to the site, but while I was trying to submit it, I saw the "Longplays Source: Please either provide a Longplays file or a URL" and I'm totally confused, because it says "Max. file size: 1MB / Allowed file types: .pdf .gif .jpg .png .zip .rar .tar .bz2 .7z". But my longplay is 4:24:57 and 36.78GB. What do I do?
martanius
1. You gotta be in the Longplayers group (contact admins)
2. Create new submission in the "Submission Status" page.
3. Once recording/encoding done, upload the video and .sfv file on FTP server. Read this guide for that - https://longplays.org/infusions/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1914&pid=4421#post_4421
4. Change submissions status to "Submitted for approval" and wait for admins to approve/decline your longplay.

Atleast that's how I am submitting longplays since the beginning.

I guess you could also upload your longplay on some site and provide the URLs for that. I'd not upload it on youtube or similiar site, because these sites re-encode your video into streamble bitrate and format, so it decrease quality of the video. Archive.org is what this site use to archive all longplays, so I'd use that.
KAGE-008
As far as I know, only admins have access to Archive.org uploading privileges (and submit the stuff right away). So the only official way for new submissions is by uploading your .mkv/.mp4 and .sfv files on the FTP server.

The review and process period normally takes between 1-3 weeks, depending on the videos' file size. That is why higher end stuff can take even more than a month, since Archive.org sometimes refuse to fully upload things without giving errors.
Tori_Tantei
ftp server?
KAGE-008
FTP server: cassiopeia.solit.se

Username and password is 'upload' for everyone to submit new longplays.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.