584 posts | Last Activity on 02-02-2011 21:16 by cheeze4343
cheeze4343
cheeze4343 02-02-2011 21:16, 13 years ago Responded in [Rejected] Mega Man 10 (Wii)
Re: [Rejected] Mega Man 10 (Wii)
Question: I made a longplay for Super Mario Galaxy and rendered it to 1280 x 720. Also ONLY the first part (about 1 hour) is a bit too bight and a bit blurry. The other parts have much better quality. Is this okay?
Raidennn
Raidennn 02-02-2011 17:28, 13 years ago Responded in [Rejected] Gekisou Sentai Car Ranger (SNES)
Re: [Rejected] Gekisou Sentai Car Ranger (SNES)
Thats the spirit! Smile
Kimu-kun
Kimu-kun 02-02-2011 16:22, 13 years ago Responded in [Rejected] Gekisou Sentai Car Ranger (SNES)
Good thing I still have the raw-file, so I may try out the programs I didn't use last time.

And I will never give up!
JonL
JonL 02-02-2011 16:06, 13 years ago Responded in [Rejected] Gekisou Sentai Car Ranger (SNES)
Thanks for taking it "the right way".
I know it must not be easy to hear, but it's not easy to say either.
Don't give up!
Kimu-kun
Kimu-kun 02-02-2011 15:45, 13 years ago Responded in [Rejected] Gekisou Sentai Car Ranger (SNES)
Well, at least I tried.
Encoding stuff is a pain in the derriére for a rookie like me.
Might as well try to improve.
JonL
JonL 02-02-2011 15:35, 13 years ago Responded in [Rejected] Mega Man 10 (Wii)
Re: [Rejected] Mega Man 10 (Wii)
This longplay was rejected because it did not meet the following requirements:

=> The required signature is missing from the video or is not properly formatted.
[img width=260]http://www.longplays.org/../../images/rejected_signature.png[/img]

=> The video was encoded in an unnecessary high resolution of 1280x720.
Longplays on the chosen platform should be at most 720x480.
[img width=260]http://www.longplays.org/../../images/rejected_resolutiontoohi.png[/img]

=> Video was blurry, either because of a rescale operation or poor video capture method.
[img width=260]http://www.longplays.org/../../images/rejected_blur.png[/img]

=> The video had unnecessary black borders, either left and right, or above and below.
Borders need to be cropped.
[img width=260]http://www.longplays.org/../../images/rejected_borders.png[/img]

You can refer to the attached screenshot for evidence.

Here are some pieces of advice to help fix the errors:

Double check our requirement FAQ.
Refer to our encoding FAQ for details on how to properly capture/encode longplays.
Feel free to join our IRC channel for specific help.

Hope to hear from you soon. ;-)
JonL
JonL 02-02-2011 15:13, 13 years ago Responded in [Rejected] Gekisou Sentai Car Ranger (SNES)
This longplay was rejected because it did not meet the following requirements:

=> Longplays of "older" consoles need to have their resolution doubled with no smoothing.
In this case, the submitted video was 320x240, and needed to be 512x448.
[img width=260]http://www.longplays.org/../../images/rejected_resolutiontoolow.png[/img]

=> Video was blurry, either because of a rescale operation or poor video capture method.
[img width=260]http://www.longplays.org/../../images/rejected_blur.png[/img]

=> Video quality was unsufficient. Compression was set too high.
[img width=260]http://www.longplays.org/../../images/rejected_compression.png[/img]

You can refer to the attached screenshot for evidence.

Here are some pieces of advice to help fix the errors:
- Double check our requirement FAQ.
- Refer to our encoding FAQ for details on how to properly capture/encode longplays.
- Feel free to join our IRC channel for specific help.

Hope to hear from you soon. ;-)
gredgie
gredgie 29-01-2011 20:16, 13 years ago Responded in Playstation 2: Final Fantasy X
Re: Playstation 2: Final Fantasy X
Just finished watching this.

It's been years since I played through it and I've long since sold my PS2 so figured it'd be quicker to watch this (enabled me to get some work done as I watched too).

Primarily I wanted to see it through again because I didn't really understand the plot.

In fact, some bits of it still aren't amazingly clear.

Nevertheless, it was an awesome run from RickyC. I typically find myself finding a party set-up that feels good in FF games and just consistantly using them, which certainly puts some strain on points where you have to use less-used characters.

But seeing RickyC switching members around to not only maximise AP gain but to truly utilise each of their strengths was good.

Inspired me to get more out of my party the next FF I play.

So yar, good job :>
29-03-2010 14:16, 14 years ago Responded in Pc: Sam & Max: Season One
Re: Pc: Sam & Max: Season One
Honestly I have no idea why that happens... :-P Sorry
R
retrogamer 28-03-2010 22:12, 14 years ago Responded in Pc: Sam & Max: Season One
Re: Pc: Sam & Max: Season One
I just want to know how you made it so that some music in the background got muted while the others are still playing without having to shut off the music for the whole game.
Henintern
Henintern 16-02-2010 07:27, 14 years ago Responded in Some suggestions for Genesis/Megadrive longplays!
Re: Some suggestions for Genesis/Megadrive longplays!
I'll just throw out one cause i can't think of anything good yet. "Centurion: Defender of Rome"
RickyC
RickyC 24-12-2009 21:03, 14 years ago Responded in Playstation 2: Dirge Of Cerberus - Final Fantasy VII
Re: Playstation 2: Dirge Of Cerberus - Final Fantasy VII
I'm doing one for dirge and mgs3 but it will take time. The torrent for me has always been fast though. I downloaded mgs3 + dirge at max speed and they're always seeds. Though rather redo mgs3 since the quality wasn't great.
A
animekai 24-12-2009 19:40, 14 years ago Responded in Playstation 2: Dirge Of Cerberus - Final Fantasy VII
yeah his right, i'm trying to download both metal gear and ff doc but it's soo slow by torrent, can't u do a mirror?
V
V95 05-10-2009 11:10, 15 years ago Responded in Playstation 2: Dirge Of Cerberus - Final Fantasy VII
Heya. Could ya kindly make it a direct dl link. I don't like torrents as there is most of the time no seeders and therefore I couldn't get to download even 0.1%.

I don't understand why torrents.. You see, as long as there is no seeders, it'll be like 'dead'.
R
retrogamer 03-10-2009 17:31, 15 years ago Responded in Pc: Sam & Max: Season Two
Re: Pc: Sam & Max: Season Two
Hey Geekmeister, I was just wondering if the new versions of season one and two will be up anytime soon.
E
EJSainz 29-09-2009 21:52, 15 years ago Responded in Can't download Hand of Fate
Re: Can't download Hand of Fate
Moved to the appropriate thread, please delete. Sorry for the inconvenience.
E
EJSainz 29-09-2009 21:40, 15 years ago Responded in PC: The Legend of Kyrandia: The Hand of Fate
Re: PC: The Legend of Kyrandia: The Hand of Fate
About the game:

I hadn't played this game before, but after seeing the Longplay I have to say that this game doesn't have anything to envy from Lucasarts graphic adventures, which I think are the best graphical adventures on the 80s.

There are so many things I like a lot in this Hand of Fate ... To begin with, the intro sequences, which were much in the line of other Westwood titles. Second, the very original potion-combining gameplay, is the perfect example on how to create a different adventure basing the gameplay logic in something different than a verb/object combination.

Of course, I just love the graphics and environments, and the insane plot and places that are to be visited. I also like a lot the character changing clothes on every episode - it's a quite a reward, in some unexpected way. The music is also grrrrrrrreat, and in fact that's quite the reason for me to go to Youtube and play this Longplay just to set the music and voices as a background tune while I code.

I have, but, two points to criticize on the game. First of them, is that you can die. I just remember not liking the good old Sierra games because of this, as my own "stupidity" prevents me from saving each two minutes. Fortunatelly, it seems that it is not so easy to die in Hand of Fate.

And, the second criticizable point, there are those narrative-rythm breakers at the end of the game; I'm talking about these time consuming puzzles, the one on the rainbow machine, and the inverted towers of hanoy. Both them are quite interesting from a design point of view, but seems it just takes too long to finish them, and they don't influence the plot that much (specially the second one).

But, in the end, it's a really, really, really great game with stunning graphics and music, finest sense of humor, really adventuristic, with a lot of action and amazing things happening every so often. Two thumbs up and a big smile :-) .
E
EJSainz 29-09-2009 20:34, 15 years ago Responded in PC: The Legend of Kyrandia: The Hand of Fate
Re: PC: The Legend of Kyrandia: The Hand of Fate
¡Hello!

I'm re-posting here the message I wrote on this game outside. It's quite embarrasing having not read the Read before posting message before. Anyway, there it goes.

"Helloes,

this is my first post ever in World of Longplays, so I'll begin thanking you all for making possible to enjoy our beloved oldies (and not so old) in this format.

The main point on this topic is, but, to point out that I haven't been able to download the Legend of Kyrandia 2: Hand of Fate Longplay. When I click to download from the main site, a new browser will open but will remain blank "ad eternam".

If I click the Mirror 1 site, a download will begin, but it will be the Legend of Kyrandia 3: Malcom's Revenge Longplay instead. On the good side, I wanted this one also, but ...

I hope anybody can help. ¡Thanks a lot!"
E
EJSainz 29-09-2009 19:04, 15 years ago Responded in Can't download Hand of Fate
Re: Can't download Hand of Fate
Helloes,

this is my first post ever in World of Longplays, so I'll begin thanking you all for making possible to enjoy our beloved oldies (and not so old) in this format.

The main point on this topic is, but, to point out that I haven't been able to download the Legend of Kyrandia 2: Hand of Fate Longplay. When I click to download from the main site, a new browser will open but will remain blank "ad eternam".

If I click the Mirror 1 site, a download will begin, but it will be the Legend of Kyrandia 3: Malcom's Revenge Longplay instead. On the good side, I wanted this one also, but ...

I hope anybody can help. ¡Thanks a lot!
AdminBot
AdminBot 08-08-2009 20:40, 15 years ago Responded in This forum is now closed
Re: This forum is now closed
Notifications about new releases will not be published in this part of the forum anymore. You will from now on see them on the frontpage instead.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.