771 posts | Last Activity on 05-01-2021 20:00 by Spazbo4
Spazbo4
Spazbo4 05-01-2021 20:00, 3 years ago Responded in Recommended PC capture software
Re: Recommended PC capture software
I'm testing out bandicam right now, wouldn't we use UtVideo YUV444 BT.709? Isn't it for the chroma subsampling and we should use the highest possible
martanius
martanius 05-01-2021 17:39, 3 years ago Responded in Recommended PC capture software
So I tried it but it doesn't matter if I save it on HDD or SSD (I tried it with NVMe SSD 4GB/s write speed).

It duplicates frames when I record in lossless. I found out it uses GPU for that and that's probably the reason. It duplicates frames the same way when I record with Shadowplay as well.

But if I record in x264, so it is using CPU for encoding, the video looks much smoother. Maybe it's not even duplicating frames. But of course, it's not in lossless quality.

I did a sample vid with both settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovOFr...vOFrHdvJl0
Spazbo4
Spazbo4 04-01-2021 21:52, 3 years ago Responded in Recommended PC capture software
A SATA SSD might not be fast enough on its own tho, I would suggest either an NVMe or doing 2 SSDs in raid 0
martanius
martanius 04-01-2021 18:32, 3 years ago Responded in Recommended PC capture software
Ryzen 7 5800X
32GB RAM
RTX 3090

But I didn't try to save it on SSD. I'll give it a shot.
Spazbo4
Spazbo4 04-01-2021 05:00, 3 years ago Responded in Recommended PC capture software
What are your pc specs, it might explain why OBS gives duplicate frames for you when recording lossless if your setup isn't up to spec, like having a fast enough SSD
martanius
martanius 31-12-2020 12:50, 3 years ago Responded in Recommended PC capture software
Hello.

I'd like to make some new longplays and I noticed fraps doesn't capture DX12 games so I started looking for some new software to capture lossless video.

I tried several of them:

OBS

+Lossless recording.
+Multiple functions.
+Real time preview of recorded footage.

-Duplicates frames when recording lossless.
-You can't choose codec to record lossless videos with.
-For lossless recording it's unreliable.

Nvidia Shadowplay

+Even tho it's not lossless, image quality looks very good.
+Easy to use, easy to set.

-It duplicates frames.
-Does not have lossless option.
-MP4 only output.
-Unreliable.

Fraps

+Very good software - even tho it's been about 8 years since last update.
+Lossless recording, easy to use.
+Does NOT duplicate frames.

-If you run on Windows 10 and have more than one monitor, the recordng is just black screen with audio. Making just one monitor you primary and only one solves this problem.
-Does not support DX12 games and many newer games.
-You can't set your lossless codec.

DxTory

+I find this to be the best alternative for fraps. Yet.
+During recording, it offers real-time info like current bitrate, current video file size, notification if your hard drive/cpu/gpu can't keep up etc....
+You can set codec.
+Does NOT duplicate frames.

-Many games crash when you try to run them AFTER running DxTory.
-Possible audio/video synchronization problems.
-It won't record newer OpenGL games.
-DxTory did not get update for more then a year. I consider it abandoned, yet still very good recording software.

Bandicam

+This I tried recently and it does record in lossless quality.
+You can set codec.
+As far as I know, does NOT duplicate frames.
+Last updated around 14 days ago.

-Did not find any. Yet.

The lossless codec I use is UtVideo YUV420 BT.709 VCM 64bit
What software do you use? Would you recommend some of these I mentioned? Or maybe completely different one?
Thank you.
G
guesto 10-11-2020 01:59, 3 years ago Responded in A youtube channel has been stealing longplay videos
Re: A youtube channel has been stealing longplay videos
account still exists but all longplays are gone now.
KAGE-008
KAGE-008 09-11-2020 15:14, 3 years ago Responded in A youtube channel has been stealing longplay videos
He's now uploading trimmed down versions of our stuff. However the stolen full length longplays are still there.
G
guesto 09-11-2020 11:51, 3 years ago Responded in A youtube channel has been stealing longplay videos
The channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ50iJFMoh4XOIl5V8LmHdQ
That user has been reuploading longplay videos from this site seemingly without permission and making money off from your works. (ads play before actual content, that's how you tell the account is partnered)

You can tell videos are from http://www.longplays.org/ by just reading video description. I think I should tell people here because they are still reuploading now. (last upload was only an hour ago from the time I made this topic)
To stop it, individual players need to claim copyright. I can't do it because I don't have any videos.
Spazbo4
Spazbo4 02-11-2020 21:39, 3 years ago Responded in Best way to record 480i
Re: Best way to record 480i
The best way to record 480i with something like component cables on ps2 and gamecube is to use OBS Studio
i.imgur.com/ptPJK77.png
Make sure that it is set to the proper resolution of what the input is giving for best results, for example ps2 and gamecube should say 720x480 for NTSC or 720x576 for PAL
i.imgur.com/1c4GqXX.png
Then make sure that you setup deinterlacing for Yadif x2
i.imgur.com/hlUHIwz.png
Always make sure the base canvis and output resolution are set to the same as input resolution of the capture, and make sure the framerate is set for 59.94/60 for NTSC or 50 for PAL
i.imgur.com/S8Vfpdo.png
Also make sure you record in lossless
T
Tudor 30-10-2020 13:27, 3 years ago Responded in What Edits Should I do to My Longplay Video?
Re: What Edits Should I do to My Longplay Video?
What edits should I do?

I've seen so many videos on the youtube channel with the beginning like this: "Played by: ...... "
MadMatty
MadMatty 25-10-2020 19:03, 4 years ago Responded in Intellivision Longplay Questions
Re: Intellivision Longplay Questions
I haven't looked at them all but I guess results will all be much better than previous submissions.

Results are pretty similar to mine. Taking bizhawks output of 176x208, then cropping 8 pixels from all sides and only doubling horizontally I get to 320x192. Any further cropping will be game dependent. Then a final doubling to 640x384 for a more watchable video.

i.postimg.cc/s20Ng7V9/intelivision-settings.png
D
danielalcolea 25-10-2020 07:49, 4 years ago Responded in Intellivision Longplay Questions
Try again
Mariofan98
Mariofan98 20-10-2020 12:04, 4 years ago Responded in Longplays Resolutions needs to be updated!
Re: Longplays Resolutions needs to be updated!

boricuaretrogamer wrote:

Nintendo >> Wii: 720x480 (480p if possible - not supported by all games)
Nintendo >> Wii U: ??

Nintendo >> Wii: 480p (if possible - not supported by all games)
And also for the european longplayers: 576p (only for PAL games they doesn't support 480p - only possible on Wii U)
Nintendo >> Wii U: 1280x720, 1920x1080 depending on which native Resolution the Game has (Here a List of some games and their native Resolution)
KAGE-008
KAGE-008 19-10-2020 02:41, 4 years ago Responded in Intellivision Longplay Questions

NPI wrote:

What the admins say now? Are the Intelli longplays good to be uploaded?

ScHlAuChi told me after showing him the screenshot above that it looks much better than the previous videos. We need MadMatty's word on this though.

Also a bit offtopic, but some of Digger's MSX longplays are using a wrong resolution as well. Since those are MSX1 games, they should be at 512x384 after cropping and rescaling (512x416 for MSX2 games).
NPI
NPI 18-10-2020 22:15, 4 years ago Responded in Intellivision Longplay Questions
What the admins say now? Are the Intelli longplays good to be uploaded?
KAGE-008
KAGE-008 15-10-2020 19:55, 4 years ago Responded in Intellivision Longplay Questions
You need to do this process for Intellivision stuff to display properly:

Using VirtualDub, crop the AVI 8 lines in each border (9 for the right one), then resize to 318x192 with Nearest Neighbor algorithm and if necessary, a second crop at the left side. Rescaling to double size is required. This should be the final result (right click on the image):

i.postimg.cc/XqSNtr2P/Intellivision-Longplay-Donkey-Kong-Jr-US.jpg
KAGE-008
KAGE-008 15-10-2020 19:15, 4 years ago Responded in Longplays Resolutions needs to be updated!
Re: Longplays Resolutions needs to be updated!
Intellivision: 352x208 (resized with Nearest Neighbor via VirtualDub, not cropped), 318x192 (cropped and resized with Nearest Neighbor via VirtualDub), rescaling to 636x384 required for submissions.

MSX1: 256x192 (cropped), rescaling to 512x384 required.

MSX2: 256x212 (cropped), rescaling to 512x424 required.
KAGE-008
KAGE-008 14-10-2020 21:13, 4 years ago Responded in Intellivision Longplay Questions

danielalcolea wrote:

Please, reupload now!!

We'll do that once we figure out the appropriate resolution for Intellivision games. I might ask the TASVideos team how they do the proper encoding without any defects in the final video.
D
danielalcolea 14-10-2020 20:54, 4 years ago Responded in Intellivision Longplay Questions
Please, reupload now!!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.