771 posts | Last Activity on 25-04-2020 21:27 by MadMatty
MadMatty
MadMatty 25-04-2020 21:27, 4 years ago Responded in Longplay Sound Problems Questions for the Admins/Moderators
Re: Longplay Sound Problems Questions for the Admins/Moderators
It's not a big issue. The files just use the wrong audio encoder. Fine if you have installed an AC3 dolby decoder at home, just Archive video player doesn't support it. Ideally use AAC audio that is supported everywhere.
DiggerandIndy
DiggerandIndy 25-04-2020 15:22, 4 years ago Responded in Longplay Sound Problems Questions for the Admins/Moderators

KAGE-008 wrote:

There's the Makai Island game with the same 'issue' as well. At least I didn't want to make a replacement for that one, since I have other priorities, most of them personal-wise (I'll be back to attending college courses on Monday, via virtual methods).

Thank you for mentioning that. Off the side, hope the courses go good for you.

Besides that, my questions still go. What does the admins say?
KAGE-008
KAGE-008 25-04-2020 15:06, 4 years ago Responded in Longplay Sound Problems Questions for the Admins/Moderators
There's the Makai Island game with the same 'issue' as well. At least I didn't want to make a replacement for that one, since I have other priorities, most of them personal-wise (I'll be back to attending college courses on Monday, via virtual methods).
DiggerandIndy
DiggerandIndy 25-04-2020 14:49, 4 years ago Responded in Longplay Sound Problems Questions for the Admins/Moderators
KAGE-008 mentioned to me that some of my longplays have been producing no sound when played on archive.org. The longplays in question are including (but not limited to):

Yoshi's Cookie (SNES)
https://ia802800.us.archive.org/31/items/sneslongplayyoshiscookieus/SNES_Longplay_Yoshis_Cookie_-_US.mp4

Othello (NES)
https://ia803101.us.archive.org/35/items/neslongplaysunlicensedvarious/NES_Longplay_-_Othello.mp4

Wanpaku Kokkun no Gourmet World Fan Translation (NES)
https://ia803101.us.archive.org/35/items/neslongplaysunlicensedvarious/NES_Wanpaku_-_Kokkun_no_Gourmet_World_JP_FT.mp4

Bomberman GB (Game Boy)
https://ia803102.us.archive.org/17/items/gameboylongplaybombermangbus/Game_Boy_Longplay_Bomberman_GB_-_US.mp4

When I encoded the games as prescribed in the support forums I made sure the audio had sound (I had to make sure the audio wasn't desyncing as that is a pet peeve of mine) and when I download said games from archive.org onto my computer, they were producing sound like they should.

I have two questions to the administrators: Do you want me to resubmit the soundless longplays or leave them alone? And may I ask what exactly is going on? Personally I think it is a malfunction from archive.org since I have tested other longplays of mine submitted the same way with no problems whatsoever (i.e. the Anpanman games), in addition to the above mentioned and due to the fact that I have no control over that stage of approval; with all due respect if there was indeed any problems with my longplays somebody should've at least either said something right then or even declined it under grounds of no sound. Plus, I feel that I'm correcting someone else's mistakes if I do resubmit them. Therefore I feel that ultimately there's nothing wrong with my longplays and that the situation is archive.org's problem. Should the admins say yes, then I will, but it will take a while since I have other things going on right now. If not, then I won't even touch them. What's the answer?
KAGE-008
KAGE-008 22-04-2020 17:11, 4 years ago Responded in .AVS file only loads audio
Re: .AVS file only loads audio
Try using the 32-bit version of KMPlayer. AFAIK it's the only video player which properly supports .AVS playback.
F
FECSP 22-04-2020 16:59, 4 years ago Responded in .AVS file only loads audio
Re: .AVS file only loads audio
I'm not sure if this is just me or anyone else in here, but when I try to open the .AVS file in Windows Media Player, all I get is the audio from the longplay video. If I try to load the video itself, the script isn't applied to the original video file. Is there a workaround to this?
DiggerandIndy
DiggerandIndy 21-04-2020 13:15, 4 years ago Responded in 3DS Longplay Screen Size Question
Re: 3DS Longplay Screen Size Question

Spazbo4 wrote:

400x480

What about kireev20000's SpongeBob SquarePants Planktons Robotic Revenge 3DS playthrough? I noticed it's double the size. Did he accidently double it while he encoded it?
Spazbo4
Spazbo4 21-04-2020 03:13, 4 years ago Responded in 3DS Longplay Screen Size Question
400x480
DiggerandIndy
DiggerandIndy 21-04-2020 01:48, 4 years ago Responded in 3DS Longplay Screen Size Question
What's the acceptable screen size for a 3DS Longplay? I'm wanting to do 3DS longplays, so I just thought I'd ask.
Spazbo4
Spazbo4 12-03-2020 02:14, 4 years ago Responded in MP4 to AVI Converter Question
Re: MP4 to AVI Converter Question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaVxC...e=youtu.be
I use vegas pro 14, i tried to upgrade to 15 but i would get audio desynch where pro 14 is just fine, and i tried to upgrade to 16 and then 17 to try and use the GPU acceleration but it doesn't work when I use lagarith as the codec.
in that video i use vegas pro 13 but 14 has 1 thing that makes it better where I don't have to manually turn off the resample for every video clip i put in it
DiggerandIndy
DiggerandIndy 11-03-2020 03:15, 4 years ago Responded in MP4 to AVI Converter Question

Spazbo4 wrote:

directshowsource doesn't always work. I use vegas pro to edit my mp4 files and use that to turn it into avi with lagarith as my codec for it. it makes the files huge tho but megui takes care of that part

What about Audio Syncing and running on 60 FPS? I'm a stickler for audio; if I hear it going out of sync even so subtle, I won't accept it because it's so annoying!

Also, what version of Vegas Pro do you use?
Spazbo4
Spazbo4 10-03-2020 21:19, 4 years ago Responded in MP4 to AVI Converter Question
directshowsource doesn't always work. I use vegas pro to edit my mp4 files and use that to turn it into avi with lagarith as my codec for it. it makes the files huge tho but megui takes care of that part
Mariofan98
Mariofan98 10-03-2020 11:10, 4 years ago Responded in MP4 to AVI Converter Question
Why not using directshowsource and avspmod? I use directshowsource to decode the mp4 in the avs file in megui and avspmod or megui avs cutter to cut the movie
DiggerandIndy
DiggerandIndy 09-03-2020 21:10, 4 years ago Responded in MP4 to AVI Converter Question
Does anybody know of a good MP4 to AVI converter that's Virtualdub friendly? I'm trying to condense some of my videos to something smaller. Any advice helps. Thanks!
Mariofan98
Mariofan98 05-02-2020 08:16, 4 years ago Responded in Tutorial for GameCube/Wii Longplays on Dolphin Emulator 5.0
Re: Tutorial for GameCube/Wii Longplays on Dolphin Emulator 5.0
Hey, it's Mariofan98 with a Tutorial for GameCube/Wii Longplays on Dolphin Emulator 5.0!

Because in the Thread "Recommended Emulators for Recording Longplays" is no Emulator for GameCube there so i maked a Tutorial for this with Dolphin Emulator 5.0!

Steps:
1. Download Dolphin Emulator 5.0 and install it
2. After the first time opening unable Dual Core & Idle Skipping (that desyncs the movie)
3. Use in CPU Emulator Engine "JIT Recompiler"
4. Use in Graphics as Backend "OpenGL" and enable "Progressive Scan"
5. Use in Audio settings "DSP LLE recompiler" (HLE could desync the movie after over 100,000 frames when you record from an save game on)
6. Choose the ROM and then record your Movie!
7. When you finished your Movie recording save the DTM-File to your C:-Drive, then you must delete the save file from the Memory Card in the Memcard Manager before you replay the Movie (that desyncs also the movie)
8. Enable "Dump Frames" & "Dump Audio" before you replay the Movie, then replay the Movie
9. Even if you stop the emulation and so finish the Frame & Audio Dumping download the Avisynth Script in this Post, put it in the folder for the dumped frames (use for Audio the dspdump.wav-File)
Pro Tip: You can change the user location in Dolphin to your External Drive with this Tutorial: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/c...directory/
10. Edit your script in AvsPmod, for example when the Game runs in 50hz use the command "ChangeFPS" and then "(50)" and then encode it in MeGUI

Finish! You can finally upload GameCube Longplays recorded from Dolphin 5.0 and so can this Emulator be used as a perfect alternative for recording from console, especially for european longplayers their GameCube consoles doesn't support Progressive Scan through Component Cable.

Pro Tips:
- When you will record mutliple movies, then you must after recording export the save from the game in the Memory Card-Manager as a GCI-File, f.e. after recording the 2nd movie you must import the first GCI save and then replay the 2nd movie.
- For Wii Longplays: that works not in games in that you must swing the wii remote because of Wii remote desyncs.
- If audio play too late, set the AudioDelay to an negative value, to the distance between video duration and audio duration, that can you see in Free Video Editor & Free Audio Editor (both by DVDVideoSoft).

Dolphin Emulator Download:
https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Avisynth script:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xfm2si...e.avs/file

Test Longplay with Mega Man 1 on Mega Man Anniversary Collection:
https://youtu.be/u6Ms24G6VnU
Mariofan98
Mariofan98 07-01-2020 20:41, 4 years ago Responded in A Question About Submitting Wii Longplays
Re: A Question About Submitting Wii Longplays
(@)DiggerandIndy You can change the TV resolution on the Wii U to 480p.
WWECLMAN
Re: Anybody Please Help Me!!! How Do I Submit My Recorded Video Into This Site To YouTube?
Thanks. But, I have filezilla, so I transferred Spider-Man VS The Kingpin and WWF Super Wrestlemania into the successful point. But, nothing's on there for me.
Frederikct112
Frederikct112 14-10-2019 05:40, 5 years ago Responded in Anybody Please Help Me!!! How Do I Submit My Recorded Video Into This Site To YouTube?
Re: Anybody Please Help Me!!! How Do I Submit My Recorded Video Into This Site To YouTube?
I added you as a Longplayer WWECLMAN please do as what KAGE wrote or check our support forum.
KAGE-008

WWECLMAN wrote:

After I transfer my videos (the queued files) into the successful transfer, is there anything else that I can do to upload into this site?

You could ask an Admin to give you the Longplayer role. After that, go to Submission Status page and add the longplays you uploaded to FTP as 'Uploaded'. You'll be sent to a form where you add a description (optional), screenshot of your longplay, system (console/PC), length of the video (format is hh:mm:ss) and its exact file size in bytes, which must match the one shown in FileZilla.
WWECLMAN
Okay. Thank you, both of you.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.