771 posts | Last Activity on 02-07-2011 15:38 by T-0815
T-0815
T-0815 02-07-2011 15:38, 13 years ago Responded in Question on MeGUI
Re: Question on MeGUI
Post your AVS script and give detailed information about the source file. (resolution, codec and so on)
Responded in Question on MeGUI
F
fadesmile 02-07-2011 12:12, 13 years ago Responded in Question on MeGUI
Re: Question on MeGUI
sorry...can i ask too??
i've a problem same like a thread owner,
"could not open video stream in any supported format" when i create Avisynth Script in AVS Script Creator.
i try to understand what did u told above..but i didn't know how to.
well, sorry for being noob.

in detail, 1st of all when i try to encode an Avi format video, i create avi synth Script using AVS script creator,then when i try to save,popup menu appears like this "Avisynth script error : avi source : could not open video stream in any supported format". i've try to uninstall n install megui, but the same things happen.

BTW, this problem only happen to 450p avi version, and the xvid avi version just fine to encode.

hope u can help me.. =(

Responded in Question on MeGUI
RickyC
RickyC 02-07-2011 11:28, 13 years ago Responded in Can I render the video with something else??
Re: Can I render the video with something else??
I dont think you can put the disclaimer thing on with megui without having to encode the whole video again.

Megui is used correctly should be a smaller file at the same quality than cam studio gives and in my exp quicker too.

I dont think you have to use megui but the file must be encoded with H264 codec in a mp4/mkv container and have the disclaimer on and megui is, when done a few times, the easiest and best way of doing it.

If cam studio does h264 you could always upload a test video. Only modern console/PC should be rendered at 720p though and avoid 1080p rendering due to file size + needs good comp to play files.
02-07-2011 00:56, 13 years ago Responded in Can I render the video with something else??
Re: Can I render the video with something else??
This might be a dumb question but...Lets say I just got finished making a a LP can i just throw the avi in something like...Camtasia Studio 7 render it in 720p/1080p HD then just use MeGUI to put the disclaimer thing in it? Smaller file for me to upload, faster rendering, doesn't take up to much of my memory, and plus HD =). If not that is perfectly OK I am just trying to find the best way for me to do this.
Tsunao
Tsunao 02-07-2011 00:28, 13 years ago Responded in What files are required to make a longplay?
Re: What files are required to make a longplay?
Nero

[d]Left[/d] Right side of the website that has a pretty green button that says "MeGui_2028" or some sh.

-edited due to derpness.
KiethSomataw99
KiethSomataw99 02-07-2011 00:26, 13 years ago Responded in What files are required to make a longplay?
I'm having trouble looking for MeGUI. I looked at the tools and the website for it but I don't see it.
Tsunao
Tsunao 29-06-2011 01:03, 13 years ago Responded in What files are required to make a longplay?
Did you check this thread?

Code

You have to upload 3 mandatory files for your submission.
- The video file (duh)
- A screenshot of the game
- A text file with informations about the game in it.

Movie file is either MKV or MP4 with video encoded in h264 and audio in aac or Mp3. Use MeGUI to make the final file. For some unknown reason, the more updated mkvmerge "breaks" the file, meaning it can't be viewed normally (I use DivX Player. If it borks in DivX, it is broken) and it will desync on YouTube. I'm always "fixing" it when I process it.

Screenshot format doesn't matter. Use VirtualDub to get a screenie or VLC (sometimes, VLC may produce a video that doesn't have correct colors. Happened with me for Arcana Heart 3)

For text file: for file size, assuming you are using Windows, Right-Click > Properties. Copy the bytes section in "size" (not size on disc). This will make filling out the LP page a WHOLE lot faster. As for time, put it in hh:mm:ss format (1:28:43 for example). Makes filling out, again, easier.

To make said video files, you will need MeGUI, AviSynth, and Nero AAC codec. Go to this thread for the tools. AviSynth is REALLY easy to use.

Basic stuff for the AVS file. Copy and paste.
--
AviSource("filepath"Wink

pointresize(width*2, height*2)

SubsStart=60
SubsDura=300
Subtitle("Game name", first_frame=SubsStart, last_frame=SubsStart+SubsDura, y=height-38, size=18, text_color=$ffffff, align=2)
Subtitle("Played by name", first_frame=SubsStart, last_frame=SubsStart+SubsDura+5, y=height-19 , size=18, text_color=$ffffff, align=2)
Subtitle("www.LONGPLAYS.ORG", first_frame=SubsStart, last_frame=SubsStart+SubsDura+10, y=height, size=18, text_color=$ffff00, align=2)
--
Fun fact: height is used for y value because it is a pain to look for the specific y value without doing extra stuff, like using VirtualDub.

Also, the requirement FAQ. The requirements really isn't all that strict. Since you are using FRAPS, you really don't have to worry about quality. Do adhere to ressy rules.
In short: record in its native resolution. (don't record a SNES game in 720x480 for example. Yes, I know. You can't record a SNES game in 720x480...or can you? :3)
If the ressy is small (I think less than 400), use PointResize.

When uploading, use a FTP client (I think the preferred one is FileZilla, just because it is so much easier to use). Protip: Transfer -> Default File Exists action. Change upload to "Resume".
--
If I missed sumthin', call me out!!
Ivan
Ivan 28-06-2011 19:40, 13 years ago Responded in A question on frame size
Re: A question on frame size
Yes!
RickyC you're the man!
:-D
Thanks again!

Ivan
KiethSomataw99
KiethSomataw99 28-06-2011 19:23, 13 years ago Responded in What files are required to make a longplay?
I know the registered version of fraps is obviously needed to record a video but what other files are necessary to upload a longplay to the internet such asw Rail Chase 2?
RickyC
RickyC 28-06-2011 11:48, 13 years ago Responded in A question on frame size
Vitualdub can do this with the resize filter. Once you're in the resize optoins go to framing options and you can either "letterbox to size" or "letterbox to aspect ratio" and enter the correct size.
Ivan
Ivan 27-06-2011 19:40, 13 years ago Responded in A question on frame size
Hi everybody! I am (still) trying to do a longplay with Diablo II LOD, i can record my plays, edit them, extract the intro and other files from the MPQ, but... the frame size of the various ACT intro is 640x292, while every other AVI I have is 640x480, and when I try to append with virtualdub the various segment into one to form a chapter movie, it says the frame size isn't the same for every file.
Is there a way to transfor that 640x292 into a 640x480 AVI file?
Looking at it, there should be two black strips above and below the movie, any way to put them back there? Because extracting the file from the MPQ gives me only the actual movie, without the black zones.
Hope you understand what I'm trying to say...
Thanks again for any counsel.
Bye,

Ivan
G
georgc3 26-06-2011 08:40, 13 years ago Responded in [Howto] Recording PC games with FRAPS
Re: [Howto] Recording PC games with FRAPS
You can do it that way if you want. I prefer to remove them manually with virtual dub or Avidemux. It's easier for me to know unwanted frames have been removed. Megui is more of a video encoder with very limited video editing features. Virtual Dub can do a lot more when it comes to video editing. I only recommend removing frames in Megui only if there's a very small number unwanted frames that need to be removed. If the video needs heavy editing, for example, recording a game from an emulator with hundreds of thousands of save states used that has no ReRecording throughout the game, then it's better to edit them in virtual dub since there are so many save states used and almost hard to tell when used last if used so many. I also only recommend using virtual dub + Audacity to fix audio desync problems especially if the audio desyncs throughout the video in a non-constant way.
Tsunao
Tsunao 26-06-2011 04:51, 13 years ago Responded in [Howto] Recording PC games with FRAPS
But why save a video edited in Avidemux or VirtualDub? It makes the process longer especially when saving the final video (put videos in VirtualDub, cut stuff out, save video, use MeGui vs. put videos in VirtualDub, find frame number and use trim, use MeGui)

Editing can be done using AviSynth.

When I cut things out, I use the trim script.
Code

trim(x, y)

X is the frame where you start, Y is the frame where you finish.

For multiple trim.
Code

e1=trim(x,y)
e2=trim(x,y)
e3=trim(x,y)
e1 + e2 + e3

I just build on from there (e4, e5,...,e9000). Frame numbers can be found in VirtualDub (my preferred program)

Excerpt from my script for Golden Sun:
Code

e1=trim(370, 743850)
e2=trim(757501, 1824069)
e1 + e2

p1=trim(1, 842225)
p2=trim(849571, 1810049)
p1 + p2

First one was initial trimming.
The second one was from missing one section. (loaded a save state). Since I was lazy to edit the first one, I decided to just make a few trim section.

Other than that, I will edit the small error (why didn't I see that? >_>Wink
G
georgc3 25-06-2011 22:59, 13 years ago Responded in [Howto] Recording PC games with FRAPS
Actually, the refresh rate in the US is 60Hz (60 fps) since it uses NTSC. The Refresh rate in Europe is 50Hz (50 fps) since it uses PAL.

NTSC:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC

PAL:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

You also need to mention about recording the game with emulators (especially with those with ReRecording and save them in lossless format like Fraps, TSCC, Lagarith Lossless, FFV1, or Huffyuv). Also need to mention, if editing is needed edit the video in Virtual Dub or similar video editing tools like Avidemux and save it in lossless format again.
Ravenlord
Ravenlord 16-05-2011 19:21, 13 years ago Responded in Legality question (probably dumb)
Re: Legality question (probably dumb)
I never put BIOS intro, start recording right after playstation logo moves away
Raidennn
Raidennn 16-05-2011 18:55, 13 years ago Responded in Legality question (probably dumb)
i cant answer your question cuz i dont know. but i wana remind you. there are NEVER Stupid Questions, only stupid answers, so its Good ur asking about this Smile
deskawa
deskawa 16-05-2011 18:54, 13 years ago Responded in Question about minigames
Re: Question about minigames
Hi, I'm playing Toshinden 4 right now and you probably know that it has some minigames. They are 7 and they have mechanics like a Puyo Puyo, Arkanoid and such. So my question is if I'm allowed to play them in a casual manner just to show a bit how they play, the music, etc., or shouldn't record them at all if I'm not gonna play them until the end (I think they don't have it anyway).
deskawa
deskawa 16-05-2011 18:45, 13 years ago Responded in Legality question (probably dumb)
Maybe this is the most stupid question ever made, but is there some kind of legality issues for that PSX bios intro you see when you start a game? I haven't seen it youtube (ever) and I let it go in my latest video, so I'd like to know if there is some problem with that before deleting the non-final videos.
Tsunao
Tsunao 16-05-2011 09:22, 13 years ago Responded in Rotating the video question
Re: Rotating the video question
No problem.
Here to confirm (I guess.)
Use TurnLeft.
Might need to use PointResize since the video is 384x256.

Oh, and here is a piccy. :3
[img width=300]http://i53.tinypic.com/2vsnvvs.jpg[/img]
Kimu-kun
Kimu-kun 16-05-2011 09:08, 13 years ago Responded in Rotating the video question
Re: Rotating the video question
OK, thank you!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.