771 posts | Last Activity on 10-03-2010 11:13 by Spazbo4
Spazbo4
Spazbo4 10-03-2010 11:13, 14 years ago Responded in [Tutorial]How to encode MPEG4 AVC videos
Re: [Tutorial]How to encode MPEG4 AVC videos
wait, do I have to do all of this, because so far i dont understand one thing about it, but it only needs to be in mp4 format, because I can do that, I just don't know if I have to do all that other stuff with the game name and junk
FedericoZombi
FedericoZombi 10-03-2010 00:26, 14 years ago Responded in Damn Gens !
Re: Damn Gens !
ok, thanks i will try that one
Responded in Damn Gens !
T-0815
T-0815 10-03-2010 00:22, 14 years ago Responded in Damn Gens !
When you record SegaCD games enable the "perfect SegaCD synchro" option. (CPU -> perfect SegaCD synchro) This can protect your recordings from desyncs too.
Responded in Damn Gens !
T-0815
T-0815 10-03-2010 00:10, 14 years ago Responded in Damn Gens !
You use a very old version. Use this one ...

http://gens-rerecording.googlecode.com/files/Gens11a.zip

Gens11a is very stable and high compatible. Dont use your old desynced recordings with the new version. Record them again ! Good luck ! =)
Responded in Damn Gens !
FedericoZombi
FedericoZombi 09-03-2010 23:35, 14 years ago Responded in Damn Gens !
it's Gen 9.5b
Responded in Damn Gens !
FedericoZombi
FedericoZombi 09-03-2010 23:34, 14 years ago Responded in Damn Gens !
the one that RickyC posted on the recordin tutorial
Responded in Damn Gens !
T-0815
T-0815 09-03-2010 23:09, 14 years ago Responded in Damn Gens !
What version of Gens do you use?
Responded in Damn Gens !
FedericoZombi
FedericoZombi 09-03-2010 21:51, 14 years ago Responded in Damn Gens !
I've got ONE problem with the recording function of the emulator GENS with THREE games (Wirehead, Time Gal and Revenge of the ninja, all three for the Sega cd AKA Mega cd)
After that i recorded the game, without doing ANY mistake or death, i watch the movie for see it if the video is good BUT in a certain point of the movie, the movie act like if i have died in the game, and it shows things that i didn't do while recording !
Please somebody help me !
Responded in Damn Gens !
01-02-2010 13:02, 14 years ago Responded in LP sound issue on YouTube
Re: LP sound issue on YouTube
Yeah, you do that, I did not have any problems with the sound when playing the video in vlc, so I think there is a problem with YT, but try and reencode, and we'll see if that works out better :-D
BimmyLee83
BimmyLee83 01-02-2010 01:56, 14 years ago Responded in LP sound issue on YouTube
Re: LP sound issue on YouTube
I hope this is the right place to post this...

My most recent LP on YouTube, Journey to Silius (NES), is missing a HUGE chunk of audio from about the 7:08 mark to 26:24. The entire video is 28:20 long. I'm not sure if the missing sound was an encoding error on my part or if it was YouTube's fault (the source video played just fine), but I'm re-encoding the video file using the guidelines on the site this time, just in case. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a re-upload of this LP sometime in the future, with the sound hopefully fixed. Thanks.
TypeO4ever
TypeO4ever 27-01-2010 21:48, 14 years ago Responded in Guide to recording/editing video games
Re: Guide to recording/editing video games
is there a way to convert .scm files to .flv or .mp4 files?
B
Boulder 06-01-2010 18:32, 14 years ago Responded in [Tutorial]How to encode MPEG4 AVC videos
Some quick suggestions for increasing compression (lower filesize) while keeping the quality or even increasing it..

Use the latest x264 build. The official, abandoned MeGUI doesn't work with newer releases but try this build of MeGUI: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=151159 . Remember to switch to development server for automatic updates!

Or even better, download the x264 executable and start using it by the command line (it's really easy to set up a batch file and adjust it accordingly for all your encodes).

Use --tune animation and --preset veryslow or --preset slower or --preset slow. Those settings will set up most stuff automatically.

Remember to enable b-pyramid, in the recent builds it is disabled because it used to not co-operate with mb-tree. The cli option to use is --b-pyramid normal.

Up-to-date x264 builds can always be found at http://x264.nl.

A simple command line would be

c:x264x264.exe --preset veryslow --tune animation --b-pyramid normal --output z:pathtovideo.mp4 z:pathtoscript.avs

You can then use the resulting video file to mux with your audio file in MeGUI or MKVMerge.
T
TheHeroForce 03-01-2010 23:41, 14 years ago Responded in Guide to recording/editing video games
If you want to record the N64 AVI file then use mupen64. So heres the website and go to http://mupen64-rr.googlecode.com/files/Mupen64%20v8%20installer.zip Please Right click on the mupen.exe - properties - compatibility - check "Disable Desktop Composition" that if you want it to get this thing working.
Plus the DS emulator I use and it's called DeSmuME why? because it record the AVI file but please get the 9.5 version of this emulator http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/desmume/desmume/0.9.5/desmume-0.9.5-win32.zip?use_mirror=hivelocity
W
Warblefly41 15-12-2009 13:23, 14 years ago Responded in Directory deleted
Re: Directory deleted
thnx

3/9/2010

My darius twin, megaman 6 and sapphire longplays got deleted! what happened
Responded in Directory deleted
RickyC
RickyC 12-12-2009 11:39, 14 years ago Responded in Directory deleted
I still have the videos and was going to put them up but other people didn't want to put them on the site either because of sound sync issues or something else. Tatsujin seems fine i dont get what was wrong with that. If i get time i'll see if i can fix the sound a little and get them up anway. Don't think they should of deleted folder without backing it up first or telling you though ¬_¬

btw before converting to x264 is your video Xvid? Whenever i convert to x264 from xvid the video speeds up a little causing sound sync problems which i've never fixed myself and could be why yours are doing that. Others don't seem to have problem though
W
Warblefly41 12-12-2009 03:42, 14 years ago Responded in Directory deleted
Why was my FTP folder deleted? I had uploaded several videos, and they all were x.264/aac. I wanted to submit some videos and be part of the team.
W
Warblefly41 04-12-2009 00:44, 14 years ago Responded in [Tutorial]How to encode MPEG4 AVC videos
nero 404 problem link is dead
V
ValisRetired 30-11-2009 05:14, 14 years ago Responded in Guide to recording/editing video games
Now i understand the recording tutorial.
RickyC
RickyC 14-11-2009 20:37, 14 years ago Responded in [Tutorial]How to encode MPEG4 AVC videos
Im not too sure. There might be a way but most people would remove the boarders with virtualdub or whatever editing program you use first though i'd recommend virtualdub and a lossless codec like techsmith each time you edit and encode before the final video to keep it at best quality.

Avs is normally just used to add the title of the movie and perhaps resize the video if needed when doing the final encode.

I used google to find this
http://www.archive.org/iathreads/post-view.php?id=263584

line_top = clip_in.Crop( x, y - 1, width, 1)
line_bot = clip_in.Crop( x, y + height, width, 1)
line_left = clip_in.Crop( x-1, y, 1, height )
line_right = clip_in.Crop( x+width, y, 1, height )

Adding that text and chaning the numbers might cut the boarders. You'll need to do a lot of trial and error by changing the numbers and playing the avs file in a media player first. You also need to make sure the end resolution can be devided by at least 4 or recommended 16 or it won't encode. Its a lot easier to just do this with virtualdub when editing like i said since the numbers are all shown before hand.

Or try Parazzing's recommened program. I've never used that so it might make it easier.
Tsukaji
Tsukaji 14-11-2009 07:45, 14 years ago Responded in [Tutorial]How to encode MPEG4 AVC videos
Can you remove black borders with .avs-file? And those settings are for 2D games right? What settings I should use for 3D games?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.