275 posts | Last Activity on 08-12-2014 16:14 by AdminBot
AdminBot
AdminBot 08-12-2014 16:14, 9 years ago Responded in Latest Comments doesn't show enough...
Re: Latest Comments doesn't show enough...
Hi Ironclaw,

I will look into it this week for you!
Ironclaw
Ironclaw 06-12-2014 01:01, 9 years ago Responded in Latest Comments doesn't show enough...
I prefer system > game title > name > comment

System and game title being links to those places. Just the game title is not enough as the same game/title exist for different systems, so it needs the system mentioned as well.
orugari
orugari 05-12-2014 14:05, 9 years ago Responded in Latest Comments doesn't show enough...
Good idea but my suggestion:

Game title: blehblehbleh by orugari

and the link with
Ironclaw
Ironclaw 04-12-2014 14:31, 9 years ago Responded in Latest Comments doesn't show enough...
Under "Latest Comments", it's not enough to just have the user's name followed by their comment. There really need to be the name/path of the game/whatever they are commenting on as well. At the moment you have to click on them to see thing they are commenting on, that's not fun IMO.

Now it's like:

Latest Comments

Ironclaw: Great game, but needs more ketchup.

Should be more like:

Ironclaw commented on 'Downloads Home > PC > Wolfenstein 3D': Great game, but needs more ketchup.

or maybe:

'Downloads Home > PC > Wolfenstein 3D': Ironclaw: Great game, but needs more ketchup.
J
jerry 20-11-2014 15:55, 9 years ago Responded in Big screenshots dont fit the bars
Re: Big screenshots dont fit the bars
Fixed now, thanks!
AdminBot
AdminBot 20-11-2014 10:25, 9 years ago Responded in Big screenshots dont fit the bars

jerry wrote:

for me: big screenshots still don't fit the screen on FIREFOX 33.1.
yes, they auto-resize and fit on Google Chrome tho

Yep seemed a firefox issue, this should now be solved, Please check and let me know Smile
J
jerry 11-11-2014 16:42, 10 years ago Responded in Big screenshots dont fit the bars
for me: big screenshots still don't fit the screen on FIREFOX 33.1.
yes, they auto-resize and fit on Google Chrome tho
R
Reinc 11-11-2014 10:22, 10 years ago Responded in Big screenshots dont fit the bars
But the text will shrink too, and nobody likes that.
AdminBot
AdminBot 10-11-2014 16:10, 10 years ago Responded in Big screenshots dont fit the bars
craftsincornwall.com/screns.jpg

The picture will shrink! ^^
ScHlAuChi
ScHlAuChi 06-11-2014 18:53, 10 years ago Responded in Big screenshots dont fit the bars
Are you sure its fixed?
http://www.longplays.org/downloads.php?cat_id=1&download_id=4869
Ravenlord
Ravenlord 06-11-2014 16:40, 10 years ago Responded in Big screenshots dont fit the bars
Yeah, I saw that problem earlier, that's why I resize my screenshots before uploading, hope that can be fixed on site
AdminBot
AdminBot 06-11-2014 16:21, 10 years ago Responded in Big screenshots dont fit the bars
Just to let you know this one should also now be fixed.
AdminBot
AdminBot 06-11-2014 16:15, 10 years ago Responded in Regarding " ' &, etc turning into crap
Re: Regarding " ' &, etc turning into crap
This issue should now be fixed! If it's still a problem then tell me! That's what this forum is for Smile
Ironclaw
Ironclaw 01-11-2014 08:11, 10 years ago Responded in Regarding " ' &, etc turning into crap

Reinc wrote:

Glad to see an admin adressing problems on the website. Perhaps there will be one less elephant in the room.

Right, I got Admin status. That was only so I can fix/repair the description of my movies myself. I'm not doing anything "adminy" for the site Pfft

When a movie has been uploaded, the text will have all the errors I mentioned in my first post, those can manually be fixed so they look right on the site, as the transfer from upload to display is what breaks it. But, I'm only doing it for MY movies Cool
R
Reinc 01-11-2014 03:10, 10 years ago Responded in Regarding " ' &, etc turning into crap
Glad to see an admin adressing problems on the website. Perhaps there will be one less elephant in the room.
Ironclaw
Ironclaw 31-10-2014 21:08, 10 years ago Responded in Regarding " ' &, etc turning into crap
It has bugged me from the beginning. Nice to finally see someone else mention it.
Jihao
Jihao 31-10-2014 20:15, 10 years ago Responded in Regarding " ' &, etc turning into crap
I was just trying to be grammatically correct.

I didn't know that would be my own downfall.
Ironclaw
Ironclaw 31-10-2014 06:34, 10 years ago Responded in Regarding " ' &, etc turning into crap
I wanted to reply in the Shoutbox but it's worse than Twitter as you are not allowed to use that many characters, so I post it here instead.

mihaibest
30-10-2014 19:09
afaik special characters like ' are common in english so you are asking me to make grammar mistakes Pfft

Same thing with quotes, apostrophes, and "&", could be more.

They turn into:

" =
' =
& =

Now imagine my standard descriptions for my movies, I usually type A LOT, using TONS of quotes and apostrophes. This makes the entire thing hard to read and ugly as f#ck.

Then we have the smileys, which I also like to use. The ": )" I have in my texts turns into "Smile", which becomes "SMILE" on YouTube as the uploader just copy and paste this broken text from WoL.

Just for fun, a demonstration text sample:

I upload this one with my longplay:

I've used shortcuts in my last 4 adventure longplays now (pressing "O" instead of "Open" ). I wonder what you guys think - is that OK? Or do you prefer that I press the worded buttons instead? For me it's easier and faster to use the shortcuts. I could even press the number keys to select the questions/answers if wanted. I guess in most point-and-click adventure games you have to do it with the mouse, but not in these LucasArts/Lucasfilm games (so far anyway). So, if I do more of those games and don't hear any complaints, I'll keep using the shortcuts : )

This is how it's displayed on this site:

Ive used shortcuts in my last 4 adventure longplays now (pressing amp;quot;Oamp;quot; instead of amp;quot;Openamp;quotWink. I wonder what you guys think - is that OK? Or do you prefer that I press the worded buttons instead? For me its easier and faster to use the shortcuts. I could even press the number keys to select the questions/answers if wanted. I guess in most point-and-click adventure games you have to do it with the mouse, but not in these LucasArts/Lucasfilm games (so far anyway). So, if I do more of those games and dont hear any complaints, Ill keep using the shortcuts Smile

And it's the same on YouTube but the smileys becomes words instead. It even adds extra smileys where there shouldn't be any. (one simple fix could be to just disable smileys, but only in video descriptions of course, not the forums...)

This adds even more problems, because I sometimes type so much I reach the character limit on YouTube, so the descriptions I add to my movies on this site does fit on YouTube (as I use the same ones on my own channel), but not after all the " ' & : P has become SOOOO much longer.

Yeah yeah, it is what it is, I just hope it will be fixed sometime, as it's been like this from the beginning.

www.i-mockery.com/generalzod/sticker-large.gif
K
koesherbacon 27-06-2014 09:55, 10 years ago Responded in FIXED: There's a problem with the Activation Link in the email after registration
Re: FIXED: There's a problem with the Activation Link in the email after registration
Hello there, I hope I'm posting in the right place since I'm brand new here.

If I am posting in the right place, then great. If not please direct me elsewhere. Thanks!

Anyway, I wanted you all to know that there's a problem with the activation link that's sent after registering.

Currently, it says:
[email protected]&code=5067047fae3656f489bdf7f0b11695ba27345e9d

It should say:
www.longplays.org/[email protected]&code=5067047fae3656f489bdf7f0b11695ba27345e9d

See, the one we get in our email is missing the / character between .org and register.

It was simple enough to figure out what was wrong when there was an error clicking on the link. I just manually added the "/" myself and it worked like a charm.

I just thought I'd bring that to your attention so when others register they won't run into the same problem as I had.

Thanks guys/gals! Smile

~ Ev
boricuaretrogamer
boricuaretrogamer 26-05-2014 18:30, 10 years ago Responded in A little request
Re: A little request
hi Nebunu234 i am going to check it out if there's a 3DO emulator. If i find it, I will let you know.
Responded in A little request
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.