275 posts | Last Activity on 25-04-2014 10:32 by AdminBot
AdminBot
AdminBot 25-04-2014 10:32, 10 years ago Responded in Share longplays on Facebook and/or Twitter
Re: Share longplays on Facebook and/or Twitter
Think there is one: https://www.facebook.com/pages/World-of-Longplays/263505510416637

although not sure who looks after it. Im with you about being more social thought!
AdminBot
AdminBot 21-04-2014 09:33, 10 years ago Responded in A few things to look at/fix since the site move.
Re: A few things to look at/fix since the site move.
Hm I have the same size res and I have little black space around the side. Im pretty sure it expands with you screen to some extent.
AdminBot
AdminBot 20-04-2014 17:08, 10 years ago Responded in A few things to look at/fix since the site move.
Will look into it at some point in the next few weeks.

1. Fixed.
2. Fixed.
3. Fixed.
4. Thats a plugin - might need a new one or the current one would need editing, maybe at some point later on.
7. Give me a shot to use and that can be done Smile
AMReese
AMReese 11-04-2014 08:26, 10 years ago Responded in Sections
Re: Sections
I'm sure that once someone submits a longplay from either of those systems, it'll be uploaded to the site. The PS4/XBO sections are merely in anticipation of such longplays, but I'm sure they don't want to create a ton of categories that no one is going to use.
Responded in Sections
boricuaretrogamer
boricuaretrogamer 10-04-2014 14:00, 10 years ago Responded in Sections
Yeah that's a great idea. Why don't you ask the administrators via IRC chat to that suggestion? Grin
Responded in Sections
M
maner76 01-04-2014 20:48, 10 years ago Responded in Sections
I think there should be sections for the Phillips CD-i system and Bandai systems
Responded in Sections
Spikestuff
Spikestuff 25-03-2014 23:51, 10 years ago Responded in TAS video tutorials for this site (suggested)
Re: TAS video tutorials for this site (suggested)
DONE

Source to get to that section.
boricuaretrogamer
boricuaretrogamer 25-03-2014 13:29, 10 years ago Responded in TAS video tutorials for this site (suggested)
Re: TAS video tutorials for this site (suggested)
Hello guys and longplayers!

I am bring suggestion to make this site much better. How about include video tutorials of how to "Re-Recording" the longplays, for example, make Tool Assisted Speedruns using the FCEUX emulator?

I hope you can consider my recommendation.

Regards,
Boricuaretrogamer
M
mihaibest 21-03-2014 17:42, 10 years ago Responded in A few things to look at/fix since the site move.
Yeah that screenshot problem should be fixed asap. Also there are a lot of bugs in the submission page. For example, i changed the status of one game to encoding and then it just dissapeared from the list, or gives a message as "longplay submitted". Or another time the description got lost, as it didnt appear when the longplay was added on the site. Another one is when characters like " ' are used, the description replaces them with some weird numbers.
MadMatty
MadMatty 21-03-2014 15:57, 10 years ago Responded in A few things to look at/fix since the site move.
When signing up as a new user, the registration page just displays a black screen.

On the admin side, the Content/Images page isn't working at all. (In case I want to put anything here for support posts.)

Regarding the forum. After making a post or editing and saving, the page turns to a solid white page and wont go forward even after refreshing. I either have to reload the site or go back a few times to the site and refresh.

The recent comment box on the front page. Can it be expanded to display more such as the user name that posted and what game the comment refers to.

Can the left panel be made thinner, so that it touches the side of the shout text box as it currently takes up a lot of room atm. Maybe the same for the right side panel should that become enabled in the future.

For the centre panel, can a horizontal scroll bar be added. Currently it can be hard to get to the side info panel if a big screenshot is used.

Regarding all that black space around the site. Maybe we should look at some kind of background image that blends well with the site, or limit the amount of space the black takes up which is quite a lot when displays in full screen 1920x1200.

The Amiga link graphic shown be changed for one saying Commodore. That said maybe these links could be redrawn to include the company logo and appear abit more central and adapt to the browser window size.
boricuaretrogamer
boricuaretrogamer 11-03-2014 14:21, 10 years ago Responded in en otro idioma
Re: en otro idioma
Hola amigo y bienvenido al Mundo de Longplays! Mi nombre es jose Luis y mi apodo aqui es boricuaretrogamer!
Responded in en otro idioma
boricuaretrogamer
boricuaretrogamer 08-03-2014 01:38, 10 years ago Responded in Share longplays on Facebook and/or Twitter
Re: Share longplays on Facebook and/or Twitter
hi guys! why don't you make a Twitter profile and share it all the longplays? I think that will be a great idea. Or maybe create a Facebook fan page and share the longplays there.

Regards,
boricuaretrogamer Smile
AdminBot
AdminBot 10-01-2014 21:57, 10 years ago Responded in Broken feature on the submissions page
Re: Broken feature on the submissions page

Spazbo4 wrote:

but when you change it to uploaded you can't change it to anything else

Yes it's currently set so that once you have uploaded it you can't edit until its been checked by an admin then once they have checked and if they decline it them must set it to anything else but "uploaded" as its not uploaded anymore if its been declined. Then that gives you the ability to edit again. I think if they dont change it from uploaded then you cant edit it.

Maybe we can look at other ways of doing this in future.
Spazbo4
Spazbo4 09-01-2014 21:44, 10 years ago Responded in Broken feature on the submissions page
but when you change it to uploaded you can't change it to anything else
AdminBot
AdminBot 09-01-2014 18:41, 10 years ago Responded in Broken feature on the submissions page
This is not a broken feature just someone forgetting to change the longplay from uploaded to something else. Wink
R
Reinc 22-11-2013 16:34, 10 years ago Responded in Platform info in search results
Re: Platform info in search results
The problem is that there are games that have a large amount of ports that all have the same name. I find it bothersome that I have to look into each search result in situations like this

i.imgur.com/UHGB5n9.png
i.imgur.com/g5u0a7d.png
i.imgur.com/7hlsKAL.png

6 instances of a recording called "Golden Axe". Given that it is unusual to see the platform's name in author's comment preview, can you guess which one I am searching for? Me neither.
Spikestuff
Spikestuff 22-11-2013 13:32, 10 years ago Responded in Platform info in search results
I'm having a problem seeing your "issue"

i.imgur.com/Qnn53YB.png

When searching you:
search The Game you want
select "result has to contain all those words"
select "Downloads

and you're done.
R
Reinc 22-11-2013 12:04, 10 years ago Responded in Platform info in search results
It would be much easier to browse search results for downloads of games' (especially game series) longplays that have a lot of ports if I could see which platform the game was played on in each recording before actually opening a new tab for each search result.
Geekmeister
Geekmeister 21-11-2013 08:21, 10 years ago Responded in Playlist
Re: Playlist
Here is a little suggestion from me, when there are longplays in multiple parts, put the parts in a playlist, then set the privacy of the playlist to unlisted, and when the longplay is added to the site, use the playlist url as the Youtube link, rather than just the first part of the Longplay. It will make it so much easier for people to be able to watch the longplays on Youtube. And since the playlists are unlisted, they won't be visible on the channel. For example I just made playlists for my Bioshock 1 & 2 Longplays:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKdDVjheyYJMe2Ye-SPFA9LLYfnmghWsg Bioshock 1 & https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKdDVjheyYJMC09odcH8P9BD0ktaZJ8uB Bioshock 2
Responded in Playlist
N
Nebunu234 23-06-2013 16:22, 11 years ago Responded in A little request
Re: A little request
I don't know.if it's an existent emulator like that.

The game is actually bad as hell. Very bad controls,the graphics are like vomit (I don't understand nothing) and the enemies are generic!! (Spiders,bats,giant spiders,more bats!! What kinda game is this!!!!!!?????) This game sucks.

I want to request: WWE Crush Hour for PS2 too because it's a very bad copy of Twisted Metal with WWE Superstars! Damn you Rob van Dam!
Responded in A little request
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.