I know this sounds like a stupid question, but...

Last updated on 12 years ago
rofl25
Are you allowed to lose lives in a longplay/Use continues?
Mgyk
I'm new here, but I would assume so. The Darksiders Longplay I'm watching, the stats said they'd died six times, and I think the Alan Wake longplayer died a few times too.

Maybe the goal is don't die, but if you do, ohwell?
DESIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE

Gamertag: Mgyk

Art gallery: mgyk.deviantart.com
NitroGenesis
The requirements FAQ says:
Dying IS OK. We're all human. Just make sure you look like you know what you're doing, not running around playing the game for the first time. Look for walkthroughs on YouTube or Gamefaqs or IGN.com before actually recording.
KiethSomataw99
Yeah, when I did Rail Chase 2, I had to continue once. Uploading it to longplays is a challenge because I am really busy.
kireev20000
The goal isnt "not to die", but if that happen you repeat same spot of the game twice and your LP will be stretched. (virtualDub fix this -;) )
In addition, I had problem with videocard when i record my LPs. Display off for few second, then pop up message says “display driver stopped responding & has recovered” and I lost few second of video (Windows TDR). In 2D games its not a problem, but in 3D I can't exactly fit frames (camera angle is always other or something else). Because of this video looks antsy when you cut something ot TDR error popUp.
PS. This week I bought a new videocard, so now everything is fine with TDR)
JonL
From the longplay definition: "(...) completing it as fully as possible (...)"
In a way, dying IS part of the game. You may decide to demonstrate that aspect. ;-)
Jokes aside, longplays are not required to be perfect, gameplay-wise.
Play long and prosper!
Ravenlord
Why not die, it's a game, what kind of sadist you must be to try to complete some big ass games without dying, it's ok to die, but if it takes you back and you have to repeat some big part of the game then you edit it so it's not making the longplay longer than necessary
Sic Parvis Magna
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.