LOOM on youtube

Last updated on 15 years ago
puttputt131
My EGA longplay of LOOM was uploaded here. but I have a few complaints. First of all the longplay got uploaded with THE SAME ID AS BROKEN SWORD II! 031! Secondly, shouldn't "EGA" have have been in the title? Third, my comments on the video aren't there (although this is OK because I suppose I was a little rude.) AND FINALLY a youtube viewer complained that the sides of the video are cut off

Melcadrien Wrote:
game looks good, but whoever recorded it got the dimensions wrong, part of the video's sides are cut off.
and it is!

Who screwed THIS up???

was it hipoonios, Ironclaw, RickyC, ScHlAuChi, or lemm?
RickyC
1 - I uploaded it and put the number after the last pc game on youtube not knowing there was broken sword uploaded to the site before youtube.

2 - I copied name from gamefaqs which has the correct name to put for the games and i can see anywhere it says EGA

3 - You screwed it up ¬_¬. The youtube video looked exactly like the video you uploaded and we don't edit videos at all. I cant see a problem though.

4 - FTP was down when i tried to access your comment so couldn't add it then.
puttputt131
Excuse me for being so RUDE.

I just realized something: doesn't youtube crop videos? i.e. by detecting if there black bars on most scenes. i.e. YOUTUBE screwed up! I ASSURE you that I did not record it like that! you should contact youtube through the cubex55 youtube account to tell them that THEY screwed up and they'll fix it.
puttputt131
Hey wait a minute! something weird happened when I uploaded the video! I guess I'll re-uploaded it then.
The fixed version of your Loom longplay has the same problem as the one you originally uploaded to the ftp. Already at 01:01, the text has been cut short on the left, and when you look at the tapestries in the loom tent, it says tapestr, in both versions.
RickyC
The loom video is exactly the same. The original version, fixed version and youtube version are identical. No one encodes your video but you. We don't touch it. It gets uploaded, then put on youtube and on this site and thats it.

Heres screenshots. Top = original, middle = fixed, bottom = youtube

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1209/picture1jjc.jpg
puttputt131
Hmm.. I guess I should have tried watching it first, rather than assuming youtube did something/the file got damaged when I uploaded! I think mediacoder cropped the video when I encoded it! I will re-encode it! RickyC, I will PM you the password to the original file archive in dosbox ZMBV.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.