Double Switch (Mega-CD)

Last updated on 12 years ago
Stealthborn
I've noticed that a lot of Mega-CD games have been covered so far. Games like Ground Zero: Texas, Corpse Killer, Scottie Pippen's Slam City, Fahrenheit, Night Trap and such. But one such game that I haven't seen covered on the site yet is Double Switch which is a game similar to Night Trap that stars the late Corey Haim and R. Lee Ermey. I was wondering if anyone was planning on doing a playthrough in the future? Just curious.
MadMatty
[flash=,]http://www4.pown.it/flash/495.swf[/flash]
Stealthborn
Finally saw it up there. I'll be watching it fairly soon. In terms of someone actually showing off the story elements, there is a guy named fmvworld2 on YouTube who has compiled the cutscenes together to form a movie of sorts (taken from the Saturn version). You can find his channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/fmvworld2

The only problem is the fact that he hasn't been on his account in over 2 years...
T
ha, I signed up for an acct just to reply to this. I wish I had the time to do the runs because as far as I've been able to tell there's not a person who has topped my real world score of 134 captured.

I played this game A LOT back in the mid 1990s. I can tell you one thing... you can't have a run that both presents the story in a straightforward way and also gets a high score. It's two completely different mindsets while playing.

There are two styles of traps. Those I call story traps and those that are just for points. With the exception of just a few in the very beginning of the game you have to get every single story trap in order to complete the game. Story traps include any of those that would shut down the power or the phone lines. Mummy traps, Eddie traps, and any traps that lead to tenants dying e.g. the band, Brutus, etc.

The point traps are those that never cause a game over if you miss them. You do have to get a few of these as the game progresses because if your captured/escaped ratio gets too low Eddie or Lyle will shut you off. So you have to capture a few but not really a whole lot.

As you play the game a lot you realize by looking at the legend which traps are important. Plus, the story traps occur in the exact same order every time. The point traps are random each and every time you play. The stars have to kind of align to get a really high score. The game will throw random sets of two or three thugs at you in between important story traps and some combinations are just about impossible to capture all 3 and takes a lot of knowing how the dots on the legend work along with a bit of luck.

For a site like this, I'd say learn the legend and what the point traps look like (usually yellow squares) and ignore them while you just watch the story parts. If you were submitting to SDA or a site like that you do a run ignoring the story completely and focusing on trapping everyone. If you're really good and know the order of all the story traps you can do a bit of both. ;)
norsebard
Should do Real Plumbers Don't Wear Ties next.
?"Work is for people who can't play games!" - Billy Mitchell
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.