Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker Co-op

Last updated on 10 years ago
Spazbo4
Is there anybody who would like to join me in a co-op longplay of metal gear solid peacewalker?
The HD release of the game for PS3 to be more specific, there is somebody that already did that version solo but I find it can be very fun to do the game also in co-op as well
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
Jihao

Spazbo4 wrote:

Is there anybody who would like to join me in a co-op longplay of metal gear solid peacewalker?
The HD release of the game for PS3 to be more specific, there is somebody that already did that version solo but I find it can be very fun to do the game also in co-op as well

I would be obliged to help you out on this Spazbo, as I am a MGS prodigy.

Is there anything you wanted to do specifically in this game besides beating it?

By the way I don't know what your terms are, since I have the good equipment and etc. If we don't lag and I play the way you like, hopefully we can get this done.
Anything that isnt COD is a game that may be worth playing.
Spazbo4
my only terms are we play from scratch, start a new fresh file so you dont have any overpowered weapons or anything, and for when we beat the main story do you have a save file that has the extra missions unlocked where we search for the kgb dude and fight metal gear zeke cause i've never unlocked those on my own
Jihao

Spazbo4 wrote:

my only terms are we play from scratch, start a new fresh file so you dont have any overpowered weapons or anything, and for when we beat the main story do you have a save file that has the extra missions unlocked where we search for the kgb dude and fight metal gear zeke cause i've never unlocked those on my own

So you want to beat the main story and do the EX missions?

That will be complicated... I forgot how I unlocked those, and I'm not even sure if I have all of them unlocked, I should.

But your terms seem fair, do you want to go for high ranks or just get the missions done? There's a lot of stuff in Peace Walker dude... one of the most highly replayable games I ever played in my life. Played it on PSP and PS3.
Spazbo4
i just want to do the main story missions and then the missions that lead up to fighting zeke, also add me on skype @ spazbo4 so we can discuss this better
Connor
I hate to be a negative nelly (not true, I love it), but I fail to see the purpose of a coop run of the game. Nothing in the game changes except for the possibility to use some weird coop-only weapons once you've unlocked about 90% of the game, WAY into the postgame (with A LOT of grinding, trust me).

No story changes, no different strategies (except the vehicle battles get way easier with double the amount of fultons), and 90% of the time the viewer will only see the "main" player anyway unless you're doing a split-screen video.

In a game like Portal 2 I can see the point of having two versions, since the puzzles change complete in coop, but this? I may be biased, since I did the solo run, but I really don't see the point.
Spazbo4
we will record both of our screens to show, but not splitscreen, we will have separate files for each of our screens, or just mine if things dont work out that way
but it's just another way to play through the game, except for the first mission that has to be solo
i really did want to do this game solo but since you already did this i will just do it the other way that the game can be played
i did do twisted metal 2 solo while other people did that game 2 player and there is nothing wrong with either of those videos except 2 player doesnt show endings but other than that there is no difference so i dont see why it shouldnt be done
Jihao

Connor wrote:

I hate to be a negative nelly (not true, I love it), but I fail to see the purpose of a coop run of the game. Nothing in the game changes except for the possibility to use some weird coop-only weapons once you've unlocked about 90% of the game, WAY into the postgame (with A LOT of grinding, trust me).

No story changes, no different strategies (except the vehicle battles get way easier with double the amount of fultons), and 90% of the time the viewer will only see the "main" player anyway unless you're doing a split-screen video.

In a game like Portal 2 I can see the point of having two versions, since the puzzles change complete in coop, but this? I may be biased, since I did the solo run, but I really don't see the point.

Well, the game can be played in coop, so I believe a proper coop run should be done.
Also, enemies can be approached differently with other players than if you were solo, I told Spazbo about the grinding, and he still wants to do it anyway. Also, if your partner does something stupid, it affects your rank at the end of each mission, so yes, playing solo is different than playing with others.

The "main" player and "secondary" player will both be viewable. The story wont be affected, but the gameplay difficulty does. Also, the game's difficulty increases depending on how many players you have with you... so... yeah.

This isnt the kind of game that you want to play solo, you're telling me the lovebox was meant for solo use? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExnStrGywas) There are a lot of things in the game that you can use only cooperatively, like the Box Tank...
Connor
I've played coop on every single mission that is possible (you do remember that some exops are actually single-player only, don't you?) and I can say with 100% confidence that for the PLAYER, there is a fair bit of difference. Mostly that everything gets a lot easier in coop. But for a VIEWER, there is next to no difference.

Yes, you can show the coop boxes, the railgun, the EM gun, and if you are four people, the human slingshot and the EM net. Is that worth an alternate LP? I don't think so. But then again, I'm not the one who will do it, nor am I the one who decides if it should be allowed or not. I just think there are better things to do with LPers time than redo games that are already done, unless they original is lacking something. Mine lacks about five minutes of showing coop weapons, that's it.

But whatever, you guys obviously want to do it, for your own reasons, so go right ahead.
Spazbo4

Connor wrote:

I just think there are better things to do with LPers time

I've got nothing else to do with my time
Jihao

Connor wrote:

I just think there are better things to do with LPers time than redo games

But whatever, you guys obviously want to do it, for your own reasons, so go right ahead.

For the lulz.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.