Silent Hill 2 [PAL first release, PS2]

Last updated on 15 years ago
Raidennn
Glad u gave an update about silent hill. take ur time mate. just glad u did this and going to do 2 more fav games of mine! thanks alot! your ace's in my book mate! :)
Konnichiwa!
matanews.com/wp-content/uploads/maria-ozawa.jpg
JONGMEISTER_ROX
Hey,

I'm still around. My friend registered to here keeps pressing me about ths one, too. Bascly it's all recorded but I'm having so much issues piecing it together (desync of vid/audio). I did most of this not once but twice now, in MP4 and uncompressed AVI due to the huge issues I had with MP4 editting!

So to give you a progress report: the recording stage is finished. It's in editting stages. I as much as you, can't wait to have a working file that has all the endings and extras bar UFO (long story, but Director's Cut lagged out my recording when signal split). Because when this is done I intend to get straight to work on SH1. I've bored myself stupid of SH2 and canne wait to play SH1, then BH3.
Raidennn
im waiting too. he's probobly just busy. lets just wait and see
Konnichiwa!
F
Hey, what's up man ? Been quiet for the last coupla weeks, ran into any problems ?
Still very much looking forward to SH2 so I hope you still have it coming.
JONGMEISTER_ROX
Hey all,

My friend recommended this program called avidemux which can edit MP4s incredibly (and FOR FREE!) this along with Debut Capture Software are the only tools you'll need to record straight to MP4/FLV/AAC/MP3 and edit them. Perhaps the FAQ or editing guides could be updated?

Anywho, this is great news. I can safely say my run will be in the uploading process by the end of the week (so it's likely to hit here a couple of days after).
paisan
Take the time, and finish what you want to have in the final LP. In the end it's your work, and we're just happy to be able to enjoy it. Thats my two cents on that subject ^_^
JONGMEISTER_ROX
Thank you guys :) glad there is fond interest in this. I think why people haven't attempted longplays of the Silent Hill series in particular is because there are many endings, and they are obtained via very linear playthroughs. Also on replays there are optional items and cutscenes so determining what is appropriate to film, and how many times you must film, and how to piece it together is timely. I admit this is very very timely. To get the best outcome I have had to play the game no less than 6 times and ensure the recording was up to scratch each time.

Thank God the Born From A Wish scenario is not this bad. It's only 1 ending, one set of items and documents. No replay factor. Which reminds me.....if you are willing to wait I can do this one too.
paisan
I second Raidennn. Your ace's ^_^
Raidennn
Oh my god! thats really awesome News! im really looking forward to watch Your longplays. your ace's in my book ;)
Konnichiwa!
JONGMEISTER_ROX
I don't know if you ever go to www.tasvideos.org but the super quick speedrun on that website I helped with some of their strategies, I'm very familiar with this game have beaten it many times. Can get hold of a USA copy. After I get this completed (providing I am not working too much before Sunday) I want to do Silent Hill 1, Resi 3 :)
Raidennn
Well then we have something to look forward too! glad u took up this game! ^^ is there any chance u might do a resident evil 3 run with everything collected? on hard mode ofcourse since that where u only can get items from nemesis everytime u defeat him. and ive never seen anyone get the Rocket launcher yet.
Konnichiwa!
JONGMEISTER_ROX
I think I will be uploading on Sunday. Thing is, I've recorded straight to MP4 and AAC and I'm finding it hard to get just one measly editor specificly to trim and chop up MP4 files (that doesn't require me spending 25 dollars). I fear if I convert it to another format, then convert it back there will be a lot of video and audio loss and desync.
Raidennn
OMG im really Hyped for this aswell! I hope this too can be done till the weekend???

:D
Konnichiwa!
F
Awesome :)
Think you get it done by the weekend ? Just so I can look forward to watching it =)
JONGMEISTER_ROX
I'm ALMOST there! Just one more run through. I've begun editing all the versions of my runthroughs and it's looking rather polished. Here is how the run will look.

PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE GAME OR RUN SPOILED!

*Game run on Easiest challenge difficulty and Normal puzzle difficulty for entertainment purposes (rank screen at end may say HARD).
*Play game as per usual, include all but the Toluka Lake monster and police tape (first monster) easter eggs as they take time off the run and have no impact.
*Collect all the weapons and use each one (may or may not include Hyper Spray).
*Pick up all Rebirth and Dog items.
*Trigger the extra Maria cutscenes.
*Get up to Room 312 with this game plan.
*UFO final cutscene, but not the ending
*Video tape cutscene
*Observation room > Dog ending
*Procede to finish the game
*Rebirth dialogue for boss fight
*Great knife execution for boss
*Leave ending (chat with Mary
*Rebirth ending
*In The Water ending
*Rebirth Credits
*The rank screen (best attempt) + save
*Maria ending
JONGMEISTER_ROX
Debut Video Capture Software.
I have a K World DVD Maker USB 2.0 capture device (most machines pick it up as a USB 2600 device).

EDIT: Just completed first playthrough :-) going to do a tidy run of Rebirth Ending, so I can unlock the items for Dog Ending. I will piece those together. If it's worth it to anybody I can include picking up the Blue Gem for the UFO ending (as i also have the greatest hits) and the places you need to use it and splice up the video. But that will take more time.
Ravenlord
What's the name of the software?
Sic Parvis Magna
JONGMEISTER_ROX
UPDATE: GOOD NEWS!!

I have found the ideal recording software (Debut for this) and am encoding straight to .MP4 with H264, and AAC @ 128kbps Stereo format. So far I'm halfway through running the first time (I have concluded I have to run through 2-3 times to pick up every Load Game item and optional bits.).

The first runthrough will be done tonight. The 2nd runthrough will be done tomorrow night. If all is needed are those 2 runs I will edit the 2 into one seamless movie file. My estimate for the highest quality is 2.1-2.3GB and 1.3-1.4GB for a slightly lower quality one.

The resolution is 640x480. Filesize could be greatly reduced further if I crop away the letterboxes. Should I do this or keep them in for added effect?
JONGMEISTER_ROX
I bet if I didn't mention its region at all you wouldn't question it :) unfortunately I do not have an NTSC original of the game any more, running a "test" copy of this game does not really work with Swap Magic etc. but I don't really want to go into that.

I've been having a few on/off problems recording this but I should have it done tonight. Basicly going for a first run through with Easy Action setting then Normal Puzzle setting, so that there are at least enemies to scare you! And puzzles to at least solve.

In terms of enemy location and difficulty there is no difference between the PAL and NTSC U/C versions so nothing will be lost on that side of it. If there is enough demand I will do a playthrough again and pick up the all the extra items that require the game to be beaten more than once like the Dog Key, and 4 holy items etc. and piece it together with say the Maria ending.

I'm trying to find Director's Cut version of this game as well, see if it makes much difference. I'm also considering the PC version as this makes things far easier.
ULTIMA
Why are you not doing the NTSC version?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.