Nintendo seem to be against longplays...

Last updated on 5 years ago
H
Nintendo just published new guidelines for video content featuring their games: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/networkser...index.html

The part that might be of interest to you guys is this paragraph:

We encourage you to create videos that include your creative input and commentary. Videos and images that contain mere copies of Nintendo Game Content without creative input or commentary are not permitted. You may, however, post gameplay videos and screenshots using Nintendo system features, such as the Capture Button on Nintendo Switch, without additional input or commentary.

I don't know if any of this is new information. From what I understand, these guidelines were posted in light of Nintendo rolling back their monetization scheme.

Is this something to be concerned about?
Frederikct112
Even if they choose to go down the path where they will literally strike down every person uploading walkthroughs of their games which, in my eyes, makes no sense but nevertheless i think we might still be able to do them just not upload them to YouTube. We'll have to see...
Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me. ~The Overmind, StarCraft
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.