Elgato Game Capture HD

Last updated on 5 years ago
Mariofan98
So i will get in May my first capture card, the Elgato Game Capture HD, but how can i record the game footage in a Lagarith AVI?
Or must i re-encode this?
Ravenlord
Elgato records in its own software and uses different codec
Sic Parvis Magna
Mariofan98
And must i then re-encode it?
Spazbo4
you will have to encode it with megui anyway, but for an editing program you will need to use settings that won't lose any quality from the recording, plus you will need to record in the highest bitrate that the elgato software can do with whichever elgato you are using
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
Mariofan98
Spazbo4, can you describe me which resolution must i use for wii and should i use an hdmi converter for that?
Spazbo4
the wii only has 1 resolution, just make sure its progressive scan when recording wii games, and never use converters for longplays, get component cables for your wii and record with a component capture card, if the elgato you bought cannot use component for recording then don't use it for wii recordings
Mariofan98
i had no component cable, i had an PAL wii and only a av cable
Spazbo4
then your longplays will be declined using the AV capbles that comes with the wii
Mariofan98
ok, then must i wait to holidays then i will get the component cable and the adapter, but for Wii U and switch should the Elgato enough
Spazbo4
it depends on which elgato you have, the original elgato is good enough for wii u since that console is good for 720p, but for switch you need an elgato that can record at least 1080p at 60fps, the first elgato is compatible with component cables but any elgato that can do 1080p60fps does not have support for anything other than hdmi, honestly i would recomend the avermedia live gamer extreme since it can do component at 480p for wii output and up to 1080p60fps for switch gameplay but you would also need a pc that can handle it too
Mariofan98
i will only get the Elgato Game Capture HD and that can in 1080p only record in 30fps as far as I know
Spazbo4
Then you cant use that for any switch game that runs in 1080p at 60fps
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.