The Value Of World Of Longplays

Last updated on 4 years ago
J
Hello, I got this idea from reading through an another thread but decided to post my response (edited & expanded) here, as I feel the thought deserves its own thread.

I think its worth pointing out, that this website & its passionate contributors, could be the last bastion of untouched pure video-game records very soon. YouTube policies are highly against this kind of media: its long, its without a content creator's voice, its without advertisement hooks & its counter-productive to their algorithms. YouTube competitors, in addition to the before-mentioned issues, are too small to process & maintain these kinds of visual media records, at-least for the record's own merit alone.

These video-records of video-games are very important to many people (myself included). To some people these games are personal nostalgia and others are remarkable enjoyable through the game's own merit's, however they would all be surely missed from this world if their video-records would be permanently purged. I find its also very easily to underestimate the time & energy that goes into the creation of all these various Long-plays, not to mention that the successful organization & storage of these video-game's video-records are something I simply can even begin to mentally process.

So, this thread's questions are:

In this golden age of Long-plays, Let's Plays & everything else in between, have you ever really thought about all that glorious work vanishing?

Have you ever thought about the time & work that sites like WOL put in daily towards ensuring these works & memories will be their tomorrow?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.