771 posts | Last Activity on 20-08-2011 14:00 by Zuljaras
Z
Zuljaras 20-08-2011 14:00, 13 years ago Responded in Question on FRAPS and Diablo II
Re: Question on FRAPS and Diablo II
I have similar problem with Sanitarium but my fraps record only grey screen. Only Fraps 2.2.5 records the game but with 2-3 fps. I know it is old game but many people have recorded it on youtube with fraps and on Vista. I tried camtasia, hypercam and other recording programs but i cannot make it work!

Pls help! Grin
JonL
JonL 31-07-2011 18:47, 13 years ago Responded in [Howto] Recording PC games with FRAPS
Re: [Howto] Recording PC games with FRAPS
The FAQ that details the next step (encoding) also describes how to deal with multiple files. You should refer to it, since you need to use it to add our signature, anyway.

Dealing with multiple input videos requires very little additional work.
G
georgc3 31-07-2011 17:38, 13 years ago Responded in [Howto] Recording PC games with FRAPS
Keith, when you record with Fraps, it always splits the videos every 3.90 GB simply it does not use OpenDML. I don't recommend using windows movie maker since it lowers the quality making the video looking really bad and lowers the frame rate in half. To merge all the files in one file, use Virtual Dub, open the first file by going to file > open video file, then connect the rest of the files by going to file > append AVI segment. Then go to video > compression and choose a lossless codec such as Techsmith Screen Capture Codec (TSCC), Lagarith Lossless, Huffyuv, etc.

What resolution did you record the game in? Sega Model 2 arcade games like House of the Dead and others have a resolution of 496 X 384. So you may have to run the game in the window in order to record the game's correct resolution.

You can also use MeGui to merge all files by following this link here:
http://www.longplays.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1479&forum=22

But if you have any problems, then use Virtual Dub to merge them into one file. Or go to the IRC Chat room for additional help.
KiethSomataw99
KiethSomataw99 31-07-2011 16:55, 13 years ago Responded in [Howto] Recording PC games with FRAPS
When I recorded Rail Chase 2 with fraps, the resolution was small and it created several videos which were large. How do I compose them into one video while reducing size? Do I use windows movie maker?
Tsunao
Tsunao 26-07-2011 21:54, 13 years ago Responded in Guide to recording/editing video games
Re: Guide to recording/editing video games
Necro-cro?

Need a rerecording emulator?
Go here.
Why use something like FRAPS to record emulated game if it has built-in AVI Recorder (though some exceptions I would think are PSX and N64 games.)?

Oh, and why use Movie Maker? Much better stuff can be done: Vegas or just using AviSynth (which really isn't hard to use) and VirtualDub to see changes.

For this site, Movie Maker and Vegas aren't needed (or alllowed?). Good ol' AviSynth (again, not hard to use) and VirtualDub to see changes. MeGUI to make video file.
JonL
JonL 26-07-2011 21:30, 13 years ago Responded in Guide to recording/editing video games
Any resize operation MUST be performed using pure pixel accurate resize. No smoothing, no bluring. Movie Maker resize will certainly blur video, and the resulting video will be rejected.
Z
zeratulgk 25-07-2011 15:25, 13 years ago Responded in Guide to recording/editing video games
making fraps to 30 fps can sabotage and lag your video badly and believe me i tried
Z
zeratulgk 25-07-2011 15:24, 13 years ago Responded in Guide to recording/editing video games
can the emulated games recorded on wegame and resized with windows movie maker qualify ?
lh778
lh778 08-07-2011 18:35, 13 years ago Responded in How to download movies
Re: How to download movies
Oh ok thanks!
Responded in How to download movies
Connor
Connor 08-07-2011 06:28, 13 years ago Responded in How to download movies
Some browser auto-play media when clicked on, not really possible to get rid of that "feature". Right-clicking is ok, the text saying you shouldn't do it is old and incorrect, from before we used archive.org, I believe.
Tsunao
Tsunao 08-07-2011 05:25, 13 years ago Responded in How to download movies
Depends. Maybe make another thread.

Oh, and I do remembering MP4 files being played automatically or something (happened to me when I was trying to download Dino Crisis to upload on cubex55...which I STILL can't do. >_>Wink MKV files are no problem.

If you need something to play MP4 and MKV files, I suggest VLC Media Player.
lh778
lh778 08-07-2011 02:51, 13 years ago Responded in How to download movies
It is popping up now for most of them! And Thank you. Some of them are MKV's which is fine I guess I can just convert them.

Thanks again! If I have any more questions, can I just reply to this thread?

O and btw, I love this site!
Tsunao
Tsunao 08-07-2011 01:18, 13 years ago Responded in How to download movies
Right clicking probably wouldn't do anything.
It might be your web browser. I managed to get a download going for clicking "Click here", the automatic download, and the Main Site thing.
I do remembering having a similar problem.

Should've said Mario All-Stars, yo. (or me having fail comprehension.)

Since it doesn't work for you for some unknown reason, here's a linky to the archive page.
lh778
lh778 08-07-2011 00:45, 13 years ago Responded in How to download movies
All you do is click on the link and a download window pops up right? I set my browser to allow pop up from here and still nothing. I went to that link that you gave me and I clicked on download and still brought me to the page. Plus I was looking for SNES Super mario bros not Mario World, but either way same thing.

However, I right clicked and it's downloading. I thought it specifically said that I shouldn't right click?
Tsunao
Tsunao 07-07-2011 23:23, 13 years ago Responded in How to download movies
Hmm...do you have pop-ups allowed on your browser? If you don't, do that. Also, did you click "click here" on the message If the download not begin automatically please click here.

I am able to download with no problems (with pop-up enabled AND clicking on "click here".)

If that still doesn't work, here is the LP archive page. Just download it from there.
lh778
lh778 07-07-2011 22:26, 13 years ago Responded in How to download movies
I am really sorry if this is an easy question, I am under the impression that every movie you have here you can download?

I just became a member and when I try to download the SNES mario bros, nothing downloads, it just plays through quick time in a new window.
I thought it could download it to my laptop.

Thanks, and again sorry for any inconvenience. I looked around and couldn't find an answer.

R
reynoldseable53 07-07-2011 08:15, 13 years ago Responded in Guide to recording/editing video games
I need to download NES emulator recording.
F
fadesmile 04-07-2011 04:52, 13 years ago Responded in Question on MeGUI
Re: Question on MeGUI
omg..its work..thanks a lot dude... =)
Responded in Question on MeGUI
T-0815
T-0815 03-07-2011 18:39, 13 years ago Responded in Question on MeGUI
Try it this way.

DirectShowSource("C:fakepathVideoHS.450P.avi"Wink

#deinterlace
#crop
#resize
#denoise

ConvertToYV12()

Or, if you encounter problems.

• Load HS.450P.avi in VirtualDub
• Select "Video" ➜ Full processing mode
• Select "Video" ➜ Compression ➜ choose a Lossless CODEC (Lagarith, huffyuv, ...)
• Select "Audio" ➜ Full processing mode
• Select "Audio" ➜ Compression ➜ choose PCM

Encode your file and try step 1 again. Good luck! Wink
F
fadesmile 02-07-2011 16:58, 13 years ago Responded in Question on MeGUI
this is an AVS script that i've created using AVS script creator in megui :-

Code

AVISource("C:fakepathVideoHS.450P.avi", audio=false).AssumeFPS(30000,1001)
#deinterlace
#crop
#resize
#denoise

this is a pop up error message when creating avs script :-
Code

avisynth script error :
aviSource : Could not open video stream in any supported format.
(C:fakepathVideoHS.450P.avs, line 1)

and this is an information about the source video :-
Code

File name : HS.450P.avi
item type : avi video file
size : 780 MB
Length : 01:03:42
Frame Width : 800
Frame height : 400
Data Rate : 1521 kbps
Total bitrate : 1723 kbps
Frame rate : 29 Frames/second

Audio
Bit Rate : 192 kbps
Channel : 2 (stereo)
Audio Sample Rate : 48 kHz
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.