771 posts | Last Activity on 06-05-2012 03:24 by ValisRetired
V
ValisRetired 06-05-2012 03:24, 12 years ago Responded in Guide to recording/editing video games
Re: Guide to recording/editing video games
replay what?
05-05-2012 19:10, 12 years ago Responded in Guide to recording/editing video games
Re: Guide to recording/editing video games
How do I know that Game usis DiretX or OpenGL and how much fps it has PLZ Replay
05-05-2012 08:45, 12 years ago Responded in [Howto] Recording PC games with FRAPS
Re: [Howto] Recording PC games with FRAPS
What Computer Recorder a shoud use I am in serbia but in serbia they are not selling any of computer recorders I need some free computer recorder to upload a longplay for like 2 hours
Tsunao
Tsunao 02-04-2012 11:57, 12 years ago Responded in [Howto] Submitting longplays
Re: [Howto] Submitting longplays
Just drag and drop the file(s) into the FTP.
Assuming you are using Filezilla:
Right click and choose to make a New Directory (aka New Folder).
Name your folder. Open your folder (well, you don't have to, but it is safer) and drag and drop your files into folder.
Then you play the waiting game!
I
IPhoneUser 25-03-2012 04:12, 12 years ago Responded in Downloading MP4 Files
Re: Downloading MP4 Files
Thanks, I changed the default option to "save as" and it seems to work. Thanks for the quick response.
Responded in Downloading MP4 Files
Tsunao
Tsunao 25-03-2012 03:40, 12 years ago Responded in Downloading MP4 Files
Disable your QuickTime plugin.
Assuming you are using Firefox:
Tools -> Options

Go to Applications tab.
Sort list by Content Type.
Find MP4 and I THINK change Action to "Always ask"
I
IPhoneUser 25-03-2012 03:24, 12 years ago Responded in Downloading MP4 Files
All the MP4 Files that are not archived won't download automatically. The file will try to open on Quicktime and then it crashes. Any suggestions?
R
retrogamer 14-03-2012 22:51, 12 years ago Responded in Delete forum topics
Re: Delete forum topics
Thanks, I'll be careful where I post my topics from now on.
Responded in Delete forum topics
14-03-2012 22:08, 12 years ago Responded in AviSynth causes audio to gradually go off-sync
Re: AviSynth causes audio to gradually go off-sync
Come to the Irc channel, and look for ScHlAuChi
legoking831
legoking831 14-03-2012 21:55, 12 years ago Responded in AviSynth causes audio to gradually go off-sync
I don't really have the money to afford Camtasia. And once that 30-day trial is gone, I'm screwed. I'd love to contribute to the site, but Camtasia isn't my best solution.
johtto
johtto 14-03-2012 21:45, 12 years ago Responded in AviSynth causes audio to gradually go off-sync
If you are planning on submitting said video to the site, and fraps doesn't work, use camtasia studios recorder their codec is very good, and shouldn't desync, depending on what you do to the video after recording will determine desyncing.
legoking831
legoking831 14-03-2012 21:13, 12 years ago Responded in AviSynth causes audio to gradually go off-sync
So, I'm using HyperCam with the XviD codec. I tried other codecs, and most of the time they made the audio sync even worse. XviD syncs perfectly at the beginning. As time goes on, however, it starts to lose sync. Soon enough, the video ends up happening before the audio. Would skipped frames be the cause of this? Because I usually get less than 5 or less per recording session, and it shouldn't cause the video to go off-sync as much as it does. Does somebody have a solution?
johtto
johtto 14-03-2012 13:11, 12 years ago Responded in Delete forum topics
Thanks Tsunao :3 (trollllling)
Tsunao
Tsunao 14-03-2012 02:44, 12 years ago Responded in Delete forum topics
Normal users can't I believe. Mods and the higher-ups can move and delete topics. I usually do them.
-looks around for topic-

-edit:
I moved the topic for you. No thanks necessary. :3
R
retrogamer 14-03-2012 02:05, 12 years ago Responded in Delete forum topics
I accidentally inserted a topic that was meant for "Requests" in Upcoming Movies". I want to delete it from "Upcoming Movies" and put it in "Requests". Is it possible to delete a topic that you posted?
kireev20000
kireev20000 07-02-2012 20:59, 12 years ago Responded in GS Mode Selector (PS2 Soft)
Re: GS Mode Selector (PS2 Soft)
Welcome to the Graphics Synthesizer Mode Selector (aka: GSM) Project

[img width=478]http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachments/f19/25843d1298726401-gs-mode-selector-development-feedback-gsm036.png[/img]
GSM intends to make on-the-fly conversion from the original graphic mode of PS2 game (or application) choosen by user, to the ones he/she wants to force.

One of benefits of using GSM is have a progressive scan output for a game originally designed to use interlace output. Or have a VGA output in your CRT/LCD Monitor for your preferred games. It seems great, isn't ii?

Well, GSM just makes a simple upscaling. It doesn't making interpolation (i.e. it doesn't add extra pixels / lines). So it doesn't increase the internal(=original=source) resolution, only the output (=forced=target) one.

So, there is no miracle here... The greater the quality of source (original) resolution of the game, the better will be the results that will be displayed on target (forced) resolutions - specially on the higher ones, where the images naturally tend to be pixelized. BTW, see "List of games using your PS2 to the maximum" topic below.

CONVERSION EXAMPLES
Typically from...
PAL 640 x 512 interlaced (even/odd fields or framed) mode (50Hz)
...or...
NTSC 640 x 448 interlaced (even/odd fields or framed) mode (60Hz)
...to:
- HDTV 720x480 progressive mode (60Hz) *
- HDTV 720 x 576 progressive mode (50Hz) *
- HDTV 1280 x 720 progressive mode (60Hz) *
- HDTV 1920 x 1080 interlaced mode (60Hz) *
- VGA(VESA) 640 x 480 (60/72/75/85 Hz) **
- VGA(VESA) 800 x 600 (56/60/72/75/85 Hz) **
- VGA(VESA) 1280 x 1024 (60/75 Hz)**

* Via Component cable
** Via VGA cable (or adaptor connected to Component cable)

REQUIREMENTS
1. ELF Launch method:
a) Modchip with DEV1(DEVolution mode #1) option, that allows ELF booting from mc0 (mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF)
b) uLE (Unofficial Launch Elf) and/or FCMB (Free Memory Card Boot)software, which allows ELF execution from many devices (mc, mass, hdd, cd, dvd, ...)
c) Bootable PS2 CD, you can do it putting the ELF file into a ISO image built by CDGENPS2 (CDGenPS2 - Playstation 2 Utility in Development Category - Zophar's Domain)
2. TV/Monitor
This requirement here depends on your purposes when using GSM, for instance:
- A ordinary interlaced SD (Standard Definition) TV set, to force PAL or NTSC modes
- A PS (Progressive Scan) SD (Standard Definition) TV set, to force progressive modes
- A CRT/LCD Monitor set with SoG (Sync-on-Green) feature, to force VGA modes
- A LCD/Plasma HD (High Definition) TV set, to force HDTV modes
3. Cable/Connection
This requirement here depends on the previous one, for instance:
A/V Connection between console and TV/Monitor
- Console -> Composite cable -> TV
- Console -> Component cable -> TV
- Console -> Component cable -> Monitor
- Console -> Component cable -> (homemade or manufactured) VGA Adaptor -> Monitor
- Console -> Component cable -> (homemade or manufactured) VGA Adaptor -> TV
- Console -> (homemade or manufactured) VGA cable -> Monitor
- Console -> (homemade or manufactured) VGA cable -> TV

HOW TO USE IT
- Unzip GS Mode Selector "GSM.ELF" from zip file attached here
- Take all measures needed to boot it on your console
- Run it!
- Follow the GSM OSD instructions in order to choice and set your preferred mode using the joypad buttons
- Start PS2 Browser (and consequently title, FCMB or ESR according to your console settings) or HDLoader
- Enjoy!

Please Note!
- GSM can not be auto-launched from FMCB, it will black screen, if you want to auto launch it please configure FMCB to auto boot separate uLE instance, then uLE to auto GSM, then GSM to auto change to saved mode, and boot to PS2 browser.
(Link to files already configured to do this from USB here) (GS Mode Selector: Development & Feedback)

Similar Software
- Blaze VGA and Xploder HDTV Player (from Blaze). The GUI from these programs gives an idea what is possible to do with GS Modes. You can also read the latest Xploder HDTV Player Press to learn about the concepts being explored by GSM (Xploder PS2 HDTV Player Update - Gear News at IGN)
- PS2 Zone Loader (from unknown author - Source code shared by Fusion). The PNSelector and yPosHanlder functions has the essential C & MIPS code needed to force an specific GS Mode. You can find CD/DVD/Source Code from PS2 Zone - Loader into SKS Apps site, just browser here (SKS Apps - Exploit Systems - Wii Ps3 Ps2 Apps - Homebrew Game Downloads) for "Zoneloader" ;-)
- ps2force480p (from asmodean - source code share by him). Specific GS HDTV480p Mode and DY field patch for specific ISO and ELF files from games.

N
nicegaff 01-01-2012 17:10, 12 years ago Responded in Can't get past AVS error
Re: Can't get past AVS error
Thanks, will do.
ScHlAuChi
ScHlAuChi 01-01-2012 16:57, 12 years ago Responded in Can't get past AVS error
Try DirectShoSource instead of AviSource
If this doesnt work, visit our IRC chat Smile
N
nicegaff 01-01-2012 16:39, 12 years ago Responded in Can't get past AVS error
Hi. I'd like to do Gemini Rue. I've already got it recorded, i used camtasia because fraps won't work with this game (16 bit colour or something). So i have these mp4 files.

When i test my avs script in wmplayer i always get "avifilesource: couldn't open file 'xx.mp4' ... line 7"

This is a dumb question but is it because they aren't avi files? All the steps you recommend are ready i just can't get past this.

I can just join the mp4 files and add subtitles for your disclaimer but it won't look exactly like your template. It's like this: http://tinypic.com/m/f9dt0i/3

Any help's appreciated. And happy new year!
Z
Zuljaras 25-12-2011 21:29, 12 years ago Responded in A little encoding Question :)
Re: A little encoding Question :)
I think I got it but after the whole encode (which is very big) I will post again if I need further help Smile
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.