771 posts | Last Activity on 25-12-2011 18:46 by reidja7
reidja7
reidja7 25-12-2011 18:46, 12 years ago Responded in Can I render the video with something else??
Re: Can I render the video with something else??
I am glad you asked this because I thought the same thing once upon a time. After testing my video with Camtasia, Handbrake, and Premiere Pro, I decided MeGui just looks the best with the least amount of artifacts with low size. The ultimate reason for this is that it affords you the most control. You may have to study the settings and try a few times to get a result you like but the reward is worth it. Hang in there!
johtto
johtto 25-12-2011 15:44, 12 years ago Responded in A little encoding Question :)
Re: A little encoding Question :)
Join the IRC, and the staff will help out Grin
Z
Zuljaras 25-12-2011 14:50, 12 years ago Responded in A little encoding Question :)
If someone could tell me how to reencode an existing mkv file because when i tried the new preset the older mkv files could not mux with them and the video could not be watched. The problem is that I do not have the avi files from fraps and I do not want to record the whole thing again so please if someone could help me I will greatly appreciate it Smile
Z
Zuljaras 25-12-2011 14:10, 12 years ago Responded in A little encoding Question :)
I encode my longplays with megui and I have pretty huge files Smile Currently I record Warcraft III and I found the function Preset - it was at Ultra Fast from the start so my question is If I change it to Medium could I get smaller files without big change in quality?
14-11-2011 20:56, 13 years ago Responded in How to record and send videos to the site?
Re: How to record and send videos to the site?
The post was originally in the Request section... I moved it to the support section :-)
Tsunao
Tsunao 14-11-2011 00:45, 13 years ago Responded in How to record and send videos to the site?
I don't think it is the wrong section. The person is asking for support.

But the sticky don't cover games recorded in MAME...I think. =X
To make videos from MAME, you have to play the input file and output a video recording using .bat command.

Copy this into Notepad or something and save it as a .bat file (Save As... -> Change "Save type as..." to "All Files" -> Add ".bat" to the end of the file name.)

Assuming you are using Mame

mame romsetname -pb * -aviwrite *.avi

Change "romsetname" to what the rom set is called. Go to the MAMEdb to find that. Example: Darius Gaiden's rom set name is "dariusg". For the input file (*), change "*" to what the input file is. As for AVI Write, replace * with whatever you want the file name to be. It HAS to have .avi at the end.

Example for when I will do Darius Gaiden:
mame dariusg -pb dariusgaiden -aviwrite Gaiden.avi

After that, run the bat command and mame should load up, the input should play, and when you close the emulator, the AVI file should be in the "snap" folder. Don't worry if the emulator is slow while recording. The AVI file will be normal.

If you want to edit the .bat command file, open by Right-clicking and choosing "Edit".

If you want to make an input file, just use something like this:
mame romsetname -rec *

Change * to whatever you want the input file to be called.
Example:
mame dariusg -rec sally

Oh, and as commandah said: Come to the IRC! We won't bite. :3 (well, ScHlAuChi might, but I won't...or will I?)
ScHlAuChi
ScHlAuChi 13-11-2011 22:45, 13 years ago Responded in How to record and send videos to the site?
Read the Sticky Topics and if you have questions come to our IRC chat Smile
Erpa
Erpa 13-11-2011 14:58, 13 years ago Responded in How to record and send videos to the site?
Please tell me what the correct session!
Phlebiac
Phlebiac 13-11-2011 14:56, 13 years ago Responded in How to record and send videos to the site?
wrong section
Erpa
Erpa 13-11-2011 14:53, 13 years ago Responded in How to record and send videos to the site?
Greetings to all!

I'm new to forum and a fan of old games, watching videos on youtube [long gameplay], I would like to send some videos that I have here some games played by me, but do not know how to record the video, all my games are in the form of "input" in MAME, I appreciate anyone who can help ... Congratulations on your site!
Connor
Connor 08-10-2011 07:03, 13 years ago Responded in How to download movies
Re: How to download movies
That should definitly be capable of both downloading and playing videos from this site.

Have you tried downloading with another browser, or with some kind of download-manager?
Responded in How to download movies
smegbug2
smegbug2 08-10-2011 00:11, 13 years ago Responded in How to download movies
I hate to do this, but I had tried to download the longplays directly to an external hard drive, and it was pre-formatted to NTFS. My laptop is fairly new too, Windows 7 is on it, I have the ability to play HD videos on it as well. I'm afraid to say that this is probably the kind of problem that will take forever to figure out. My comp's stats are these:

My CPU is an AMD Dual-Core E-350. My screen is a 15.6 inch HD LED LCD. I have an AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphic display adapter. 3 GB DDR3 Memory.

Does any of that help?
Connor
Connor 30-09-2011 06:31, 13 years ago Responded in How to download movies
Well, like I said in the shoutbox, it could be the filesystem format, although I find that quite unlikely, since you'd need to have an ANCIENT computer that probably couldn't playback a 720p video anyway.

But to make sure, you could open a command prompt, change to a directory with a 2gb file in it (cd c:mydirwiththefileinit) and then type "copy + new4gbfile.tmp" and see if you get a new 4GB file or if the new file is also 2GB. (Replace "" with the name of your file, oviously.)

If the new "new4gbfile.tmp" is 4GB large, something is wrong with your download and you could try different browsers or download managaers. If it's only 2GB, there is indeed a problem with your hd and you'd need to either convert it to FAT32/NTFS, or (perhaps simpler,) get a new hd (external, for simplicity) and make sure it's formatted to FAT32 or NTFS, and use that are the target for downloaded files.
smegbug2
smegbug2 29-09-2011 07:13, 13 years ago Responded in How to download movies
How do you download longplays like Final Fantasy 13? I tried to download several longplays bigger than 2 gigs, they keep getting trimmed to exactly 2 gigs every time. If it matters, I use Google Chrome.
kireev20000
kireev20000 21-09-2011 19:34, 13 years ago Responded in alternative FTP method to submit LP
Re: alternative FTP method to submit LP
close thread, problem was in my FTP client (FTPRush). Now on Filezilla all ok.
[img width=597]http://sun.anime-last.info/../../images/717472Clipboard01.gif[/img]

Tsunao
Tsunao 19-09-2011 20:53, 13 years ago Responded in alternative FTP method to submit LP
Tried using something like FileZilla? It is usually the go-to FTP client we use around here.
kireev20000
kireev20000 19-09-2011 15:58, 13 years ago Responded in alternative FTP method to submit LP
Today :-o :-o

[img width=743]http://sun.anime-last.info/../../images/752607Clipboard01.gif[/img]
Ravenlord
Ravenlord 19-09-2011 13:05, 13 years ago Responded in alternative FTP method to submit LP
probably there were others uploading at the same time so it was slow Wink
kireev20000
kireev20000 18-09-2011 10:48, 13 years ago Responded in alternative FTP method to submit LP
Today I tried upload my longplay on FTp, But speed was awful (about 5-10kb). Upload HD video with that speed not good idea so maybe I can upload video on http://www.archive.org (All Requirement files included in item) and then admin/moderator submit LP on site. It is possible?

PS. I can upload 2GB on archive.org for about 10 minutes.

http://www.archive.org/details/Turtles_in_Time_Re-Shelled_Walkthrough_HD
JonL
JonL 26-08-2011 07:45, 13 years ago Responded in [Howto] Submitting longplays
Re: [Howto] Submitting longplays
In FileZilla, I did a quick test using the Quick Connect bar.
- typed in cassiopeia.solit.se in the Host field
- upload in the Username field
- upload in the Password field
- clicked Quickconnect

And voila, the ftp contents appeared.
Make sure your firewall is not blocking you or something.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.